Things you need to Duel
Preparing to Duel
Before starting a Duel, follow these 5 steps:
- After greeting your opponent, shuffle your Main Deck with all its cards face-down. Then you may shuffle and cut your opponent’s Deck (be careful when touching your opponent’s cards).
- After shuffling, place the Decks face-down in the proper Deck Zones on the field. If using an Extra Deck place it in the Extra Deck Zone with all its cards face-down.
- In case you are playing a Match, Duelists show each other their Side Decks if they have, and record the number of cards in it, also confirming that they have 15 or fewer cards (the cards should be counted face-down without seen them).
If you exchange cards between your Side and Main Decks after a Duel, count the cards of your Side Deck for your opponent again to show that the number of your cards remain the same.
- Use a random method to decide who chooses to go first. Duelists may roll a die, play Rock-Paper-Scissors, etc. However, the method must be agreed upon and clearly understood by all Duelists beforehand. When a deciding Duelist has been selected, they will choose who goes first.
For next Duel in a Match, the losing Duelist will determine who may go first. In the case a Duel ending in a DRAW, another random method should be employed to choose the deciding Duelist.
- After deciding who go first, both Duelists draw 5 cards from their Main Deck. If the deciding Duelist draws cards before stating who will go first, they must automatically go first.