- A card effect causes both players' Life Points to drop to 0 simultaneously, such as that of "Ring of Destruction", "Self-Destruct Button", or "Tremendous Fire".
- A card effect causes both players to draw cards simultaneously when neither player has enough cards left in their Deck, such as that of "Card Destruction" or "Morphing Jar".
- A card effect causes both players to simultaneously add all 5 pieces of "Exodia" to their hand, such as "Emissary of the Afterlife" or the aforementioned "Card Destruction" or "Morphing Jar". This can also happen during the initial draw of the game, which is the only way to Draw before either player starts their turn.
- Both players activate "Final Countdown" on adjacent turns, and then the later player uses "Pyro Clock of Destiny" to advance their "Final Countdown" by 1 turn, causing both to win simultaneously.
- At the end of a turn that "Last Turn" was activated, both players' monsters remained on the field or both left the field. This is the only card whose effect specifically mentions a Draw.
While Duels can end in Draws, a Match can never end in a Draw in official tournaments. If the first three Duels of a Match end in 3 Draws, or 1 Win for each player and 1 Draw, then extra Duels will continue to be played until one player wins the necessary 2 Duels to win the Match.
Since ending a Duel in a Draw tends to significantly slow down gameplay in official tournaments, many cards that easily enable Draws (such as the majority of the cards listed above) have been made Limited or Forbidden.