- See Draw a card for the game action.
A Duel results in a Draw when both player's Life Points reach 0 simultaneously, or if both players satisfy a Win Condition simultaneously. A Duel also results in a Draw if it is interrupted due to external circumstances.
Also, these cards effects can cause a duel to end in a draw:
- "Exodia the Forbidden One": Both players simultaneously draw all 5 pieces of "Exodia", such as during the first draw of the game, or via card effects like "Morphing Jar", "Card Destruction" or "Emissary of the Afterlife".
- Both players' Life Points drop to 0 simultaneously, such as with "Self-Destruct Button" or "Ring of Destruction".
- When your monster and your opponent's monster both remain on the field or both are destroyed, on the turn that "Last Turn" is activated.
- Both players are required to draw more cards than they have in the Deck, such as with the effect of Morphing Jar.
- Note that match draws do not exist in KONAMI sanctioned tournaments and extra games will be played until there is a clear winner.