|Japanese (base text)||
The Graveyard (
The contents of either player's Graveyards are public knowledge, unless a card like "Question" is used. When a player looks through their opponent's Graveyard, they may neither shuffle its contents, nor re-arrange the order in which the cards were placed there. In the video games, when a card is activated in the Graveyard, or selected for a Card effect, it immediately goes to the top of the Graveyard; this only exists for the purposes of clarification within those video games, and this game mechanic is not used in either the OCG or TCG.
In the anime, cards that return from the Graveyard are sometimes depicted as coming out of a portal.
- Activates cards from your Graveyard
- Activates from your Graveyard
- Adds from Graveyard to hand
- Banishes from Graveyard
- Banishes from your Graveyard
- Banishes from your opponent's Graveyard
- Returns from Graveyard to Deck
- Returns from Graveyard to Deck for cost
- Returns from Graveyard to hand
- Special Summons from your Graveyard
- Special Summons from your opponent's Graveyard