The card backing is the reverse side of a Yu-Gi-Oh! card.
The following backings have appeared in various Yu-Gi-Oh! media.
TCG and OCG
- The Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses card backing makes an appearance on sleeves sold during the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's era with "1996 KAZUKI TAKAHASHI" written close to the bottom.
- In the first episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's when a king card is shown to introduce Jack Atlas, the back of the card is the one used in the card game.
- This back is also shown in the episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! when Joey fought against Espa Roba when Roba thought that Joey can't activate two Graceful Dice in the same turn.
- You can also see this back in the duel between Yugi and the Rare Hunter that used Exodia in the card "Lightforce Sword".
- This back was used on the card game and was altered with the Konami logo and the Yu-Gi-Oh! logo that differs between OCG cards and TCG cards.
- Starting with Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL, the card backings begin to more closely resemble the OCG/TCG backing, as opposed to the simplified design used in earlier series (it was not present in the dub after episode 8 as they still used the old back design until episode 25). The second design introduced during the World Duel Carnival somewhat resemble the Xyz Monster summoning portal.
- Through some of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episodes 25 and onward, some scenes have cards with the old backing. Most of them were corrected in the English dub.