- Betelgeuse and Rigel are the two brightest star of the Orion constellation. While the first represents a red supergiant star nearing the end of its life, Rigel can be seen as a blue one.
- In the "tellarknight" archetype, "Rigel" and "Betelgeuse" are the only monsters to share the same constellation.
- The dualism of the stars is also conserved through the cards :
- Their ATK and DEF points are interchanged.
- Their effect is complentary : Rigel targets a card on a field, and send it to the graveyard. In contrast, Betelgeuse send itself to the GY, to add a card to your hand.
- They both represent Orion, the Hunter, in a different position.
- Betelgeuse wield his sword from the left hand ; while Rigel from the right one.
- They both were a cape, but the foreground color of the emblem is opposed (blue for Rigel, red for Betelgeuse).
- The slightly constrast in the color of their wavy hair might be a reference to Betelgeuse's end of life, older than Rigel.
- Their background color, retaken from the star herself, are complementary.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.