For trivia pertaining to this monster's Number, see Forum:"Numbers" Xyz Monster Trivia. Any contributions regarding this type of trivia should be placed there, instead of this page.
- This card name "Baguska" is the portmanteau of バク (Baku "Tapir") and グースカ (Gūsuka an onomatopoeia for sleeping sound).
- The kanji 泥睡 (lit. mud-sleep) in this card's name is a pun of 泥酔 which means "dead drunk", like how this monster is completely unconscious from drinking too much.
- This is show in the artwork by having beer bottles and cans littered near the monster in its Japanese OCG artwork.
- Also, its maintenance cost, when involving its OCG artwork, may serve as a reference to alcohol poisoning, as this card can only survive for two of the turns before it is destroyed.
- In the TCG, this card's maintenance cost can serve as a reference to sleep apnea (suffocating in your sleep), due to the alcohol in the artwork being replaced with three pillows.