- This monster seems to be the older version of "Fire King Avatar Garunix". Despite this, the said card cannot Summon this card with its effect.
- This card's name is a portmanteau of the mythical creatures, Garuda and Phoenix.
- This card's effect may reflect the mythological ability of the phoenix to rise from the ashes after death.
- This card's appearance is based on an entire family of mythological creatures:
- This card bears a strong resemblance to the Phoenix from Greek mythology and the Firebird.
- The feathers of this card are based on the Fenghuang, the Chinese version of the Phoenix.
- Understandably, this card is similar to the monster "Fenghuang".
- This card connection to the Garuda, the Hindu and Buddhist version of the Phoenix, is its name, as the Garuda is often depicted with a birdman-like body, while this card has a more bird-like body.
- This monster has teeth in its beak, just like Balinese Garuda.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.