- The designs of "Elemental HERO" monsters were mostly based on American superheroes. "Bladedge" is based on Marvel Comics hero Iron Man.
- "Evil HERO Malicious Edge" is considered to be the "Evil HERO" counterpart of "Bladedge" because their ATK and DEF are the same, have "edge" in their name, and share the piercing effect. However, "Malicious Edge" has a Summon effect which makes it easier to be Normal Summoned.
- This is the most powerful non-Fusion "Elemental HERO".
- This monster appears in the artwork of "Edge Hammer".
- "Elemental HERO Bladedge" may be the physical counterpart and partner to "Elemental HERO Neos" just as "Buster Blader" is to "Dark Magician". This claim is supported by the fact that both "Buster Blader" and this card are EARTH Warrior-Type monsters with 2600 ATK, while both "Elemental HERO Neos" and "Dark Magician" are both Normal Monsters with 2500 ATK. The only difference is that "Dark Magician" is a DARK Attribute monster, and "Neos" is a LIGHT Attribute.
- This card bears a strong resemblance to "Elemental HERO Captain Gold".
- This card and "Elemental HERO Necroshade" are similar in that they are only listed as Fusion Materials that also list "Elemental HERO Wildheart" and "Elemental HERO Sparkman".
- Most Fusion Monsters have higher ATK than their Fusion Materials, but the fusions of "Bladedge" have the same ATK as "Bladedge" itself.
The Fusions of "Bladedge" wear his armor.
"Elemental HERO Bladedge" combines with: