- This card can be searched by "Vampire Dragon", "Sphere of Chaos", "Serpentine Princess", "Mystic Tomato", "Chaos Zone", "Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss", "Lucent, Netherlord of Dark World" and another "Tour Guide From the Underworld".
- Use this card in a "Crashbug" Deck for better manipulation to allow faster summoning.
- This card is useful when attempting to Summon "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms".
- Use in a "Resonator" Deck to Special Summon "Resonators" on to the field and thin the Deck.
- This card is useful in "Fabled" Decks. Use its effect to Special Summon "Fabled Kushano", then use both cards to Xyz Summon "Number 17: Leviathan Dragon", then use its effect to send "Fabled Kushano" to the Graveyard. Once "Fabled Kushano" is in the Graveyard, use its effect to discard your "Fabled" monsters and initiate combos.
- This card can also be useful in a deck with Ritual Monsters, as it can search out "Djinn Releaser of Rituals" and allow an immediate Ritual Summon of "Herald of Perfection", allowing you to lock out practically everything your opponent could do short of Normal Summons before they even have their first turn.
- This card works well in a "Dark World" Deck, because if you have "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" in your Graveyard, just Normal Summon "Tour Guide From the Underworld" to Special Summon "Broww, Huntsman of Dark World" from your hand or Deck, then return it to your hand and Special Summon "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" from your Graveyard. Alternatively you can overlay "Tour Guide" and "Broww" to make "Leviair the Sea Dragon" to take your pick of any monster banished with "Gate of the Dark World".
- Alternatively, you can also use this card in conjunction with "Tour Bus From the Underworld" in a Dark World deck to either return a monster you're afraid your opponent may special summon from their grave yard to their deck, or to return an additional monster to your own deck as well as special summoning a previously removed from game Dark World monster when using Leviair.
- Use this card with "Tannhauser Gate" to Xyz Summon "Constellar Ptolemy M7" and return "Tour Guide from the Underworld" to the hand with "Constellar Ptolemy M7's" effect.
- You can summon this card while you have "The Seal of Orichalcos" to summon a monster with the same attack so you can not be attacked.
- You can combo this card with "Genex Ally Birdman" for greater versatility. Use this card's effect to summon a monster, then use the effect of "Birdman" to return this card to your hand. Because "Genex Ally Birdman" is still a Level 3 monster, the player can perform an Xyz Summon with "Tour Guide". On the next turn, "Tour Guide" can be used again.
- Alternatively, the player can also use this strategy to search out any Level 3 Fiend monster they wish and bounce it to their hand for later usage, without losing the ability to Xyz Summon. If the player uses this card's effect to summon a second copy of itself, the player can use the effect of "Birdman" to return the second "Tour Guide" to the hand, allowing the option of using "Birdman" and the second "Tour Guide" for a Level 6 Synchro Summon, with the second "Tour Guide" ready for next turn.
- The following monsters can be Special Summoned by the effect of this card:
Attribute Card type ATK DEF Ancient Brain DARK Normal Monster 1,000 700 Archfiend Heiress DARK Effect Monster 1,000 0 Bio Plant DARK Normal Monster 600 1,300 Blast Asmodian FIRE Effect Monster 1,000 300 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World DARK Effect Monster 1,400 800 Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss DARK Effect Monster 1,600 1,200 Claw Reacher DARK Normal Monster 1,000 800 Clock Resonator EARTH Effect Monster 1,200 600 Cloudian - Poison Cloud WATER Effect Monster 0 1,000 Crashbug X DARK Effect Monster 0 2,000 Crashbug Y DARK Effect Monster 1,400 1,600 Crashbug Z DARK Effect Monster 0 1,500 Creation Resonator WIND Effect Monster 800 600 DD Night Howling DARK Effect Monster 300 600 Dark Artist DARK Effect Monster 600 1,400 Dark King of the Abyss DARK Normal Monster 1,200 800 Dark Mimic LV3 DARK Effect Monster 1,000 1,000 Dark Prisoner DARK Normal Monster 600 1,000 Dark Shade WIND Normal Monster 1,000 1,000 Darkbishop Archfiend WATER Effect Monster 300 1,400 … further results