- This card can be searched by "Hieratic Dragon King of Atum", "Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms" and another "Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls".
- By discarding "Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets" and another WATER monster, you can Special Summon one copy of this card from the deck, and if you have another one in your hand, banish "Stream" and the other WATER monster to Special Summon it and have access to a quick Xyz Summon, with almost no hand advantage loss.
- This card's effect cost of discarding this card and one other monster triggers most of the Atlantean monster's effects.
- In a "Ice Barrier" Deck, you can use this card's second effect to send "General Gantala of the Ice Barrier" and tribute "Prior of the Ice Barrier" to Special Summon it.
- During your next turn, you can Special Summon this card and overlay it and "Gantala" to Xyz Summon a Rank 7 Xyz Monster.
- Banish this card from the deck with "Gold Sarcophagus" and you can immediately replace it with another or any other WATER Dragon.
- This card (as well as its Dragon Ruler counterparts) can assist in Synchro Summoning "Trident Dragion" in a Dragon deck.
- This card works great in setting up Rank 7 plays in "Mermail" decks. Because Mermails fill up the Graveyard with ease, you can fulfill this card's summoning conditions with little effort and without banishing cards from your hand, and because it is Level 7, it is compatible with Level 7 Mermails such as "Mermail Abyssmegalo" for Xyz Summoning.
- "Nimble Sunfish" can set up the grave with fodder for continued use of this card.
- This card can easily set up the summoning requirements for "Frost and Flame Dragon".
- It can also search for "Frost and Flame Dragon" when banished since it is a WATER Dragon type monster.
- Use this as material for the Fusion Summon of "Five-Headed Dragon" using "Dragon's Mirror" and you can immediately replace it with another or any other WATER Dragon.
- "Chain Material" is also an excellent option. Although "Five-Headed Dragon" won't be able to attack, you can use the effect without needing the Dragons in your hand.
- If you use "Chain Material" in a deck with all the Dragon Rulers you can banish all of them from your deck, add copies to your hand and have ample material to activate many of their effects.
- This card can be searched by "Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets".
- The following WATER Dragon-Type monsters can be searched with this card:
|Blizzard Dragon||4||Effect Monster||1,800||1,000|
|Dragon Ice||5||Effect Monster||1,800||2,200|
|Frost and Flame Dragon||6||Effect Monster||2,300||2,000|
|Mythic Water Dragon||8||Effect Monster||1,000||2,000|
|Powered Tuner||4||Effect Monster||1,400||1,000|
|Snow Dragon||4||Effect Monster||1,400||900|
|Snowdust Dragon||8||Effect Monster||2,800||1,800|
|Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets||4||Effect Monster||1,600||2,000|
|Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls||7||Effect Monster||2,600||2,000|
|White Night Dragon||8||Effect Monster||3,000||2,500|