- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Rescue Ferret", "Infestation Infection", "Chaos Zone" and "Lucent, Netherlord of Dark World".
- This card can be recycled with "Recurring Nightmare".
- When your opponent tries to destroy this monster with a card effect, chain "Infestation Infection" or "First Step Towards Infestation" to return it to your hand/Deck. You can Tribute Summon the same "Moth" multiple times in this way.
- Compensate for the LP cost of this effect with "Steelswarm Girastag".
- Best to summon this card and activate its effect when your opponent controls only two cards. Combine with "Guardian Sphinx" to return all of their monster(s) to the owner's hand. Then return two of your opponent's Spell and Trap Cards with this card's effect for a direct attack. You can also include one or more "Spring of Rebirth" to reduce the Life Points cost.
- If "Double Summon" or "Chain Summoning" is activated, summon another "Steelswarm Moth" or any strong attackers, this may become a OTK.
- "Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi" would be a good choice since it can only be Normal Summon, and its effect can discard your opponent's hand before their Draw Phase; which would mostly be the card(s) you returned to your opponent's hand the previous turn.
- This card can be searched by "Witch of the Black Forest".