Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Chaos Zone", "Justice of Prophecy" and "Spellbook Star Hall".
- This card works well in a "Dark Magician" Deck, as it can be easily Special Summoned by Tributing the monsters that "Magician Navigation" Special Summons.
- Use this cards effect in combination with Spell-negating cards such as "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8", or preferably "Dark Paladin", since you must Tribute Spellcasters, and are probably running it in a Spellcaster deck. You can also use an effect negating card, like "Destiny HERO - Plasma".
- Be wary that while it can negate Traps, it is still very much vulnerable to cards like "Raigeki" and "Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter", which could destroy it. Lay cards such as "Dark Bribe" and "Solemn Strike"/"Royal Command" to protect it.
- This card works in combination with both "Secret Village of the Spellcasters" and "Secret Sanctuary of the Spellcasters", as your opponent will be unable to either attack, or activate Monster Card Effect, Spells and Traps (save for Counter Traps), as long as the Sorcerer is on the field, unless they control a Spellcaster. Even "Spiritualism" cannot hinder this Lockdown.
- If you have at least 1 Level 7 or higher Spellcaster-type monster and have other Spellcaster(s) with level 5 or less, you can use "Galaxy Queen's Light" to have all of them become the level of that monster.
- Shaddoll Core provides an instant level 9 Spellcaster to tribute. Combine with the above strategy to make one of your low leveled spellcasters level 9 too.
- If this is the first turn of the game, and you have these cards, summon "Gagaga Magician" and declare its level either 6, 7, or 8. Then use various support cards for "Dark Magician" to bring him out, such as "Summoner's Art", "Ancient Rules" and "Dark Magic Curtain". However, note that the curtain can't be used in the same turn that you summon anything else. Tribute both the "Dark Magician" and "Gagaga Magician" to Special Summon the "Sorcerer of Dark Magic".
- In a "Dark Magician" Deck, use "Magician Navigation" to Special Summon "Dark Magician" from the hand, and after that, Special Summon another Level 7 or lower Spellcaster ("Dark Magician" and "Dark Magician Girl" are good choices) from your Deck to easily Summon this card.
- You may also summon "Gagaga Magician", and declare its level as 6, 7, or 8; then activate the effect of "Gagaga Kid" and Special Summon it, then activate its effect to change its level to that of "Gagaga Magician". Note that this skips your Battle Phase of this turn when you use this effect, but if you use it in the first turn then you don't have anything to worry about.
- You can also Special Summon this card in an unconvetional way: Normal Summon 1 "Tour Guide and use it's effect to Special Summon another Level 3 Fiend-Type monster. Later use the effect of DNA Surgery to change their type to Spellcaster and use the effect of Tannhauser Gate to have they become Level 6 monster, and finally tribute them to Special Summon this monster from your hand
- Another method is to use "Dark Magic Curtain" (with or without using "Spell Economics" first) to Special Summon "Dark Magician". Then later use "Magical Dimension" (maybe set it and use it on your opponents turn) and tribute the "Dark Magician" to Special Summon another level 6 or higher Spellcaster (like "Dark Magician Girl", "Chaos Command Magician" or "Cybernetic Magician". Then activate "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon the "Dark Magician" back from your graveyard. Finally, tribute the two to Special Summon the "Sorcerer of Dark Magic".
- Activate "Magical Citadel of Endymion", then activate "Foolish Burial" to get "Endymion, the Master Magician" to the graveyard. Then, summon any spellcaster you want while you have a set "Magician's Circle" and attack to activate Magician's Circle's effect and summon "Dark Red Enchanter". Then build up Spell Counters on "Magical Citadel" until you have at least 6 to summon Endymion from the graveyard, and tribute both to summon the "Sorcerer of Dark Magic".
- Summon a Spellcaster and attack, activate "Magician's Circle", Special Summon "Dark Magician Girl", activate "Sage's Stone" to special summon "Dark Magician", then Tribute both to summon "Sorcerer of Dark Magic" in one turn.
- If you're running a Spellcaster deck, you can summon 2 Level 4 or higher monsters and use cards like "Synchro Boost and Star Changer to increse their Level Stars to 6
- To pull this monster on the first turn you must have "Peten the Dark Clown" in your hand and find a way to discard it. ("Peten the Dark Clown"'s trip to the Graveyard has to be the last thing to happen or you'll miss the timing). Then use the effect of "Peten" to special summon a second one, and tribute it to summon a "Dark Magician Girl". Now use the Spell "Sage's Stone" to special summon a "Dark Magician", then tribute both to summon "Sorcerer of Dark Magic" in the first turn.
- It's possible to use "Magician's Circle" to also summon a variety of other Level 6 Spellcasters, such as "Mind on Air", "Neo Aqua Madoor", "Great Dezard" and "Dark Red Enchanter", or even "Allure Queen LV7".
- Use "Sorcerer of Dark Magic" and "Secret Village of the Spellcasters" or "Dark Paladin" together to jam all of your opponent's Spell and Trap cards.
- This card works well with "Fortune Ladies", as they can easily swarm the field, and their levels can reach 6 quickly. "Fortune Lady Water" works exceptionally well for this role, as your opponent might not want them to return to your graveyard so quickly, knowing they might be special summoned back.
- Special Summon "Chaos Sorcerer" with its effect then use "Magical Dimension" while having 1 monster to tribute and Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand, like "Neo Aqua Madoor" or "Chaos Command Magician".
- You can also use the benefits of a Synchro Summon. After Synchro Summoning "Arcanite Magician", you can use cards like "The Shallow Grave" to bring back a level 6 or higher Spellcaster-Type monster, or a low level Spellcaster Monster and then activate "Magical Dimension" to bring a high level Spellcaster.
- You can use "Foolish Burial" to get "Sorcerer of Dark Magic" in the Graveyard, then recover it using the effect of "Herald of Creation".
- If you do this, you can discard a "Dark Magician Girl", then Special Summon it from the Graveyard and activate "Sage's Stone" to special summon "Dark Magician", then tribute both to summon "Sorcerer of Dark Magic" in one turn.
- You can also Special Summon any other level 6 or higher Spellcaster monsters with "The Shallow Grave", and then Special Summon "Chaos Sorcerer" with its effect and have 2 Level 6 or higher Spellcaster-Type Monsters to summon "Sorcerer of Dark Magic".
- You can use "Double Summon" or "Ultimate Offering" and summon a "Gagaga Magician" and a "Flelf" or bring out a Level 6 or higher Spellcaster (or two copies of "Flelf"), then change their levels to 6 or more; now you can Special Summon "Sorcerer of Dark Magic".
- Try summoning "Gagaga Magician" and declare its level into 6 above. Then special summon "Jester Confit" then activate "Resonance Device" to make the level of "Confit" the same as "Gagaga Magician's".
- You can use "Eccentric Boy" to Synchro Summon using monsters from your hand and bring a high level Spellcaster. Then activate "Battle Waltz" to Special Summon a Token that shares its level and type to then use both to summon this card.
- Another way to meet the requirement for this card is to Special Summon two copies of "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lords" and then proceed to use them to Special Summon this card.
- A possibly unorthodox example: in a deck using "Spellbook" and "Prophecy" cards, if you have "Amores of Prophecy" on the field, use its effect by revealing a "Spellbook" Spell Card in hand; Special Summon a Level 3 Spellcaster-Type monster that has 1000 or less ATK from your hand. Then, activate "Tannhauser Gate", (both monsters must be =<1000 ATK) which adds up their Levels (3+3=6), then makes both monsters' Levels equal to that new number. Now that you control two Level 6 Spellcasters, bring out your "Sorcerer of Dark Magic!"
- Use "Rescue Rabbit" with "Mystical Elf" and then "Tannhauser Gate" afterwards on both Normal Monsters to make them each become Level 8, respectively, and swiftly meet the Special Summoning requirement for this card.
- In an Ice Barrier deck, use "Bubble Bringer" with "Geomancer of the Ice Barrier" or "Warlock of the Ice Barrier" and then "Tannhauser Gate" on those monsters as another easy way to meet the Special Summoning requirement for this card.
- Summon "Magical Scientist" and use its effect to special summon 2 "Sanwitches", then tribute them to easily special summon "Sorcerer of Dark Magic".
- If this is the second turn or further into the game, and the opponent has 2 monsters on the field, summon any Spellcaster you want. Activate "Magical Dimension" to tribute your Spellcaster to Special Summon any level 6 or higher Spellcaster from your hand, and destroy one of your opponent's monsters. Then, activate "Dark Core" to banish your opponent's other monster by discarding your other level 6 or higher Spellcaster from your hand. Then activate "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon that discarded Spellcaster. Finally tribute both of them to Special Summon your "Sorcerer of Dark Magic".
- List of Level 6 or higher Spellcaster-Type monsters.