- This card can be searched by "Dark Sage", "Ancient Gear Drill", "Alchemic Magician" and "Raptor's Ultimate Mace".
- When running "Astral Force" normally, one will often be restricted to a single "line" of monsters that share a Type and Attribute (as detailed below). This is partly due to the condition of "Astral Force" targeting the highest-Rank monster the player controls– which will usually be whichever monster was Summoned last with "Astral Force". Keep this in mind when building your Extra Deck if planning to used "Astral Force" multiple times in succession.
- Keep in mind that the Summoning of Xyz Monsters can be manipulated with this card by using "DNA Surgery" and "DNA Transplant" (or "Scroll of Bewitchment") to adjust your monster's stats.
- This can also work as a general disruption tactic against your opponent if they also rely on strategies where their monsters' Type or Attribute is critical and/or make their cards vulnerable to your own Type/Attribute-targeting cards.
- A Deck that uses "Astral Force" as a key card would do well to run "Xyz" cards. "Xyz Tribalrivals" can help support powerhouse monsters granted more than 2 Materials through continuous Rank-Ups. "Xyz Territory" will help build momentum against your opponent, as your new Xyz Monsters will benefit more and more from the field with each successive Rank-Up. Running "Generation Force" can help maintain consistency by searching for all these support cards.
- A good powerhouse monster to use with "Astral Force" is "Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand", as its "Rank-up Line" features several common and useful LIGHT Warriors ("Number 39: Utopia", "Photon Strike Bounzer", etc).
- Use the effect of "Lavalval Chain" to send this card from the Deck to the Graveyard to recover for later plays.
- Unlike the other "Rank-Up-Magic" cards, this card can Special Summon other Xyz Monsters besides "CXyz", "Number C" and "Raidraptor" monsters, making it the single general-purpose and cross-archetype Rank-Up Spell, despite it's limitations.
- As stated in the other tips, combining this with cards that manipulate Rank/Type/Attribute of the targeted creature can allow the Rank Up to practically any Xyz Monster of Rank 3 or higher.
- "Outer Entity Nyarla" can change its own Rank, Type and Attribute under certain conditions, allowing for an easy way to meet this card's conditions if a particular Xyz Monster can be Summoned. In fact, for many Xyz Monsters, this will be the only way to Summon them with "Astral Force".
- With the help of the right monsters, "Xiangsheng Magician" can easily manipulate the Rank of any Xyz Monster.
This is a list of all possible Rank-Ups with this card.
- Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, Evilswarm Bahamut, Evilswarm Ophion, Evilswarm Ouroboros, Galaxy Stealth Dragon, Queen Dragun Djinn → Number C5: Chaos Chimera Dragon
- Dark Requiem Xyz Dragon → Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon, Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon → Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon, Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
- Ghostrick Dullahan, Number 13: Embodiment of Crime, Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment → Number C43: High Manipulator of Chaos, Number C65: King Overfiend, Number C96: Dark Storm → Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon, D/D/D Marksman King Tell, Number 53: Heart-eartH, Number C80: Requiem in Berserk, Outer Entity Azzathoth
- Number 43: Manipulator of Souls, Number 65: Djinn Buster, Number 96: Dark Mist → Evilswarm Nightmare, Evilswarm Thanatos, Maestroke the Symphony Djinn, Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk, Number 85: Crazy Box, Steelswarm Roach
- Ghostrick Socuteboss → Alchemic Magician, Downerd Magician, Startime Magician → Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal
- Note that "Startime Magician" cannot be Summoned through Rank-Up, though it can be still Ranked Up itself.
- Number C104: Umbral Horror Masquerade → Ebon High Magician, Ebon Illusion Magician, Hierophant of Prophecy, Legendary Magician of Dark, Number 11: Big Eye
- The Phantom Knights of Cursed Javelin → Darktellarknight Batlamyus, Night Papilloperative, Number 86: Heroic Champion - Rhongomyniad, Number 98: Antitopian
- Raidraptor - Fiend Eagle → Raidraptor - Blaze Falcon, Raidraptor - Étranger Falcon → Raidraptor - Arsenal Falcon
- Raidraptor - Blade Burner Falcon, Raidraptor - Force Strix, Raidraptor - Rise Falcon → Raidraptor - Revolution Falcon → Raidraptor - Satellite Cannon Falcon → Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon
- Googly-Eyes Drum Dragon → Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Super Dora, Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max
- Gachi Gachi Gantetsu → Gem-Knight Pearl, Number 52: Diamond Crab King, Number 55: Gogogo Goliath, Number 106: Giant Hand
- Giant Soldier of Steel, Number 51: Finisher the Strong Arm, Soul of Silvermountain → Number C106: Giant Red Hand
- Number 54: Lion Heart → M-X-Saber Invoker → CXyz Comics Hero Legend Arthur, Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja
- Comics Hero King Arthur, Gagaga Cowboy, Gagaga Samurai, Heroic Champion - Gandiva, Heroic Champion - Kusanagi, Shadow of the Six Samurai - Shien, Zubaba General → Gauntlet Launcher, Sword Breaker
- Sky Cavalry Centaurea → Bujinki Amaterasu, Bujintei Kagutsuchi, Bujintei Susanowo, Bujintei Tsukuyomi, Constellar Omega
- Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon → Hieratic Dragon King of Atum → Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon, Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis, Legendary Dragon of White, Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy, Number 46: Dragluon, Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon, Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, Thunder End Dragon → Number 99: Utopic Dragon
- Number 63: Shamoji Soldier → Mechquipped Angineer → Artifact Durendal, Number C102: Archfiend Seraph, Tiras, Keeper of Genesis → Number 7: Lucky Straight
- Herald of Pure Light → Fairy Cheer Girl, Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn, Number 16: Shock Master, Number 102: Star Seraph Sentry, Princess Cologne (card), Vylon Disigma → Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal
- Constellar Praesepe, Number 36: Chronomaly Chateau Huyuk → Constellar Ptolemy M7, Cyber Dragon Infinity, Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis, Number 25: Force Focus
- Number C9: Chaos Dyson Sphere, Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer → Super Quantal Mech King Great Magnus
- Cyber Dragon Nova, Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech → Number C6: Chronomaly Chaos Atlandis → Number 9: Dyson Sphere
- Artorigus, King of the Noble Knights, Heroic Champion - Excalibur, Number 10: Illumiknight, Number 39: Utopia, Number C39: Utopia Ray, Number S39: Utopia Prime, One-Eyed Skill Gainer, Photon Alexandra Queen, Photon Papilloperative, Starliege Lord Galaxion, Starliege Paladynamo, Stellarknight Delteros, Stellarknight Triverr, Tellarknight Ptolemaeus → Number 39: Utopia Beyond, Photon Strike Bounzer → Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
- Mira the Star-Bearer, Number 39: Utopia Roots, Number F0: Utopic Future, Number S0: Utopic ZEXAL → Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss → Constellar Pleiades, Number C39: Utopia Ray V, Number C39: Utopia Ray Victory, Number S39: Utopia the Lightning, Sacred Noble Knight of King Artorigus → CXyz Barian Hope
- Paleozoic Anomalocaris, Paleozoic Opabinia, Toadally Awesome → Evigishki Merrowgeist, Number 101: Silent Honor ARK → Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice
- Number C101: Silent Honor DARK → Mermail Abyssgaios
- Wind-Up Arsenal Zenmaioh → Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack, Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk → Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir → CXyz Skypalace Babylon