- When running "Astral Force" normally, one will often be restricted to a single "line" of monsters that share a Type and Attribute (as detailed below). This is partly due to "Astral Force's" condition of targeting the highest-rank monster the player controls– which will usually be whichever monster was summoned last with "Astral Force." Keep this in mind when building your extra deck if you plan on using "Astral Force" multiple times in succession.
- Keep in mind that you can manipulate which Xyz Monsters you can Summon with this card by using "DNA Surgery" and "DNA Transplant" (or "Scroll of Bewitchment") to adjust your monster's stats.
- This can also work as a disruption tactic against your opponent if they also rely on "Rank-up" strategies where monster Type is critical.
- A Deck that uses "Astral Force" as a key card would do well to run "Xyz" cards. "Xyz Tribalrivals" can help support powerhouse monsters granted more than 2 materials through continuous rank-ups. "Xyz Territory" will help build momentum against your opponent, as your new Xyz monsters will benefit more and more from the field with each successive rank-up. Running "Generation Force" can help maintain consistency by searching for all these support Cards.
- A good powerhouse monster to use with "Astral Force" is "Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand," as its "Rank-up Line" features several common and useful LIGHT-Warriors ("Number 39: Utopia," "Photon Strike Bounzer," etc).
- Use the effect of "Lavalval Chain" to send this card from the Deck to the Graveyard to recover for later plays.
- Unlike the other "Rank-Up-Magic" cards, this card can Special Summon other Xyz Monsters besides "CXyz" and "Number C" monsters.
- "Outer God Nyarla" can change its own Rank, Type and Attribute under certain conditions, allowing for an easy way to meet this card's conditions if you want to Summon a particular Xyz Monster. In fact, for many Xyz monsters, this will be the only way to summon them with "Astral Force."
This is a list of all possible Rank-Ups with this card.
- Evilswarm Bahamut, Evilswarm Ophion, Evilswarm Ouroboros, Queen Dragun Djinn → Number C5: Chaos Chimera Dragon
- Number 13: Embodiment of Crime → Number C43: High Manipulator of Chaos → Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon, Number 53: Heart-eartH, Number C80: Requiem in Berserk
- Number 43: Manipulator of Souls, Number 65: Djinn Buster, Number 96: Dark Mist → Evilswarm Nightmare, Evilswarm Thanatos, Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk, Steelswarm Roach
- Ghostrick Socuteboss → Alchemic Magician → Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal
- → Dark Magician of Illusions, Ebon Illusion Magician, Hierophant of Prophecy, Legendary Magician of Dark, Number 11: Big Eye
- Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon → Hieratic Dragon King of Atum → Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis, Legendary Dragon of White, Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, Number 46: Dragluon, Thunder End Dragon → Number 99: Hope Dragun
- Number 63: Shamoji Soldier → → Artifact Durendal, Number C102: Starfallen Seraph Noble Archfiend, Tiras, Keeper of Genesis → Number 7: Lucky Straight
- Constellar Praesepe, Number 36: Chronomaly Fork Hyuk → Constellar Ptolemy M7, Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis, Number 25: Force Focus
- Number 33: Chronomaly Machu Mech → Number C6: Chronomaly Chaos Atlandis → Number 9: Dyson Sphere
- Heroic Champion - Excalibur, Number 10: Illumiknight, Number 39: Utopia, Number C39: Utopia Ray, Number S39: Utopia One, Number S39: Utopia Prime, One-Eyed Skill Gainer, Photon Alexandra Queen, Photon Papilloperative, Stellaknight Deltatheros, Stellarknight Delteros, Stellarknight Trihiver → Number 39: Beyond the Hope, Number 39: Beyond the Hope, Photon Strike Bounzer →
- Mira the Star-Bearer, Number 39: Utopia Roots, Number F0: Future King Hope → Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss → Constellar Pleiades →