- The Lingering effect of "Rainbow Life" or the Continuous effect of "Prime Material Dragon" can reverse the "negative" effect of "Power Bond". However, cards that are activated in response to damage, such as "Spell of Pain" and "Barrel Behind the Door" cannot be used, since the damage inflicted does not start a chain.
- As this card's damage is still classified as Effect Damage, it can be negated by using "Des Wombat", "Cyber Kirin", "Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment", "Prime Material Dragon", "Sargasso Lighthouse" or "Hanewata".
- This card can easily result in an OTK, depending on the monster you Fusion Summon.
- "Cyber Twin Dragon": Its ATK will be 5600, and it can attack twice, allowing you to do potentially over 10,000 points of damage at the risk of losing 2800 Life Points—which is avoidable and relatively low, especially considering the potential damage.
- "UFOroid Fighter": Use "Gate Guardian" along with "UFOroid" to give "UFOroid Fighter" 9900 ATK. For those who focus on extremely high ATK, "Rainbow Neos" is the ideal monster for this strategy, as you can first use its field-clearing effect before Fusion Summoning "UFOroid Fighter".
- "Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem": A Piercing monster with 8800 ATK, and one that can shut down Spells and Traps while attacking.
- "Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine": Similar to "Cyber Twin Dragon", however, it will have 8000 ATK instead of 5600. Can attack twice, and deals 1000 damage after destroying a monster.
- "Chimeratech Rampage Dragon": Having 4200 ATK and potentially dealing over 12,000 damage, destroying Spells and Traps that can easily get in the way and being able to attack up to 3 times without any drawbacks makes this one of, if not the, best option for this card.
- "Chaos Ancient Gear Giant": Similar to "Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem", it will have an ATK of 9000, and your opponent cannot activate effects during the Battle Phase while this card is on the field. Furthermore, its Piercing effect is more devastating because it can attack once each for every monster your opponent controls, and it cannot be affected by Spell/Trap effects.
- In case your OTK fails, you can use "One Day of Peace" during your Main Phase 2 to draw a card and avoid the damage from this card.
- Be wary of "Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell" when using this card. "Wiretap" is an easy fix.
- Machine-Type Fusion Monsters that can be Fusion Summoned:
|A-to-Z-Dragon Buster Cannon||ＡｔｏＺ－ドラゴン・バスターキャノン||LIGHT||10||4,000||4,000|
|Ancient Gear Howitzer||古代の機械魔神||EARTH||8||1,000||1,800|
|Chaos Ancient Gear Giant||古代の機械混沌巨人||DARK||10||4,500||3,000|