- The Lingering effect of "Rainbow Life" or the Continuous effect of "Prime Material Dragon" can reverse the "negative" effect of "Power Bond". However, cards that are activated in response to damage, such as "Spell of Pain" and "Barrel Behind the Door" cannot be used, since the damage inflicted does not start a chain.
- As this card's damage is still classified as Effect Damage, it can be negated by using "Des Wombat", "Cyber Kirin", "Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment", "Prime Material Dragon" or "Hanewata".
- This card's damaging effect can also be negated by "Sargasso's Lighthouse"
- "Cyber Twin Dragon": Its ATK will be 5600, and it can attack twice, allowing you to do potentially over 10,000 points of damage at the risk of losing 2800 Life Points—which is avoidable and relatively low, especially considering the potential damage.
- "UFOroid Fighter": Use "Gate Guardian" along with "UFOroid" to give "UFOroid Fighter" 9900 ATK.
- "Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem": a Piercing monster with 8800 ATK, and one that can shut down Spells and Traps while attacking.
- ""Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle Machine": Similar to "Cyber Twin Dragon", however, it will have 8000 ATK instead of 5600. Can attack twice, and deals 1000 damage after destroying a monster.
- In case your OTK fails, you can use "One Day of Peace" during your Main Phase 2 to draw a card and avoid the damage from this card.
- The following monsters can be Fusion Summoned by the effect of this card: