- The effects of "Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant" can help Synchro Summon this monster easily.
- Use the effect of "Shining Angel" to Summon another "Shining Angel" in your Deck, then use "Call of the Haunted" to revive "Shining Angel" in your Graveyard. Finally, Summon "Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant" to Synchro Summon "Odin, Father of the Aesir".
- The effect of "Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant" can be used and send "Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant" from the Deck to the Graveyard and Synchro Summon this monster. There will be 2 "Nordic Ascendant" Tuners in the Graveyard, so "Odin" will have the possibility to revive 2 times with only 1 Synchro Summon.
- If your "Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts" is destroyed by battle and the two Nordic Tokens are on your field, Summon "Vanadis" to easily Synchro Summon of this card.
- Use this card's effect to become unaffected by Spells/Traps, and then activate a card that destroys all monsters on the field like "Torrential Tribute", "Dark Hole" or "Needle Ceiling". That way, there will be a free direct attack, and since he's still unaffected, it's near impossible to stop the attack.
- If this card is banished, use "D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation" or "Miraculous Descent" to return it to the field.
- In a empty field, use "Divine Relic Mjollnir", then use this card's effect to be unaffected by Spell/Traps for a possible OTK.
- Use "Burial from a Different Dimension" to bring back the Tuner monsters banished by the effect of the "Aesir" to the Graveyard, so there will be more opportunities to bring the "Aesirs" back to the field.
- This card works well with cards like "Stardust Dragon" and "Leviair the Sea Dragon" as "Stardust" will slow down the rate that your opponent can destroy "Odin" and "Leviair " can return banished "Nordic Ascendant" Tuners which can be used for more Summons in order to put them back into the Graveyard.
- The biggest weakness of "Odin" are cards that can instantly banish him. Though he can be revived easily when sent to the Graveyard, if banished by card effects like "Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" or "Orient Dragon", without "D.D." returning cards it is near impossible to get "Odin" back.
|Japanese name||Primary type||Attribute||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant||極星天ヴァルキュリア||Effect Monster||LIGHT||Fairy||2||400||800|
|Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant||極星天ヴァナディース||Effect Monster||DARK||Fairy||4||1200||400|