Summoning (with effect)
- "Galaxy Queen's Light" and "Star Light, Star Bright" can help Xyz Summon this card, presuming you control at least 3 monsters, 1 of which is Level 8.
- Use "Polymerization" to Fusion Summon "Twin Photon Lizard" using 2 "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragons" as its Fusion Materials, and then use the effect of "Twin Photon Lizard" to Special Summon the Dragons from the Graveyard. Then, Special Summon "Guardian of Order" and use the 3 monsters as Xyz Materials.
- Use "Dragon's Mirror" to summon "Five-Headed Dragon", then use "Return from the Different Dimension" to Special Summon "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" and 2 Level 8 Monsters to Xyz Summon this card.
- "Dimension Explosion" can also work as a substitute, but you will need another Level 8 monster to Xyz Summon with.
- Use the effect of "Galaxy Knight" to Special Summon a "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" from your Graveyard, OR use the effect of "Photon Caesar".
- Special Summon "Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit" and then Normal Summon "Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb" or "Hieratic Dragon of Eset". After that, play "Dragonic Tactics" to tribute both and bring out "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon". Their effects will activate, bringing out 2 Level 8 Normal Dragon-Type monsters to Xyz into this card with its effect.
Summoning (without effect)
- Use "Polymerization" on 3 "Blue-Eyes White Dragons", then use "De-Fusion" to Xyz Summon this card.
- If this card was Xyz Summoned using Synchro Monsters as Xyz Materials, combine it with "Black and White Wave".
- "Star Light, Star Bright" and "Inferno Reckless Summon" can help in Summmoning this card.
- In a "Darklord" Deck this card can be brought out using "The Dark Creator" to bring back "Darklord Superbia" and having it bring back "Darklord Zerato".
- Use "Accellight" to summon a "Galaxy Wizard", then use "Inferno Reckless Summon" to bring 2 more Galaxy Wizard's increase the level of all 3 "Galaxy Wizards" by 4 and Xyz Summon this card. However, be careful to what your opponent could bring using "Inferno Reckless Summon".
- In a "Hieratic" deck, Special Summon a "Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord" with the effect of a "Hieratic" monster, then use "Inferno Reckless Summon" to Special Summon 2 additional copies before overlaying them for this card.
- "Dragard" can help in Summoning this card.
- Due to the difficulty of Xyz Summoning this card and its huge power, try to protect it against other cards by using "Xyz Veil", "Xyz Tribalrivals" or "Xyz Reflect".
- If you use "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" as an Xyz Material, this card negates the effect of all face-up cards on the field. This is brilliant for the "Photon" archetype, as many of them have high ATKs but debilitating effects.
- To counter this monster, use effects that resolve in the Graveyard, like those of "Machina Fortress" and "Necro Gardna".
- You can easily make an OTK with this card if your opponents have 2 or more Xyz Monsters on the field. Use this card's effect to detach all Xyz Materials from your opponent's monsters and then use "Lightning Vortex".
- "Starlight Road" is a good choice for an easy Special Summon of Level 8 monsters, as are "Malefic Stardust Dragon" and "Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
- If this card is allowed to attack multiple times via its effect, combo with "Photon Trident" for piercing damage and Spell/Trap Card destruction.
- Use "Future Fusion" to Fusion Summon "Five-Headed Dragon" by using one "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon", another 2 Level 8 Dragon-Type monsters, one "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" and other strong Dragon of your choice from your deck and wait for 2 turns. Then, use "De-Fusion" and Special Summon the Fusion Material monsters. Use "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" and the other 2 Level 8 monsters to Xyz Summon this card. This also can make a great OTK for a Dragon Deck.