Notable monsters destroyed by the effect of "King Tiger Wanghu"
The following list indicates that either a majority of or a few select but paramount cards in each archetype are destroyed by the effect.
- Fortune Ladies
- Six Samurai
- "Decoy Dragon"
- "Red-Eyes Black Chick"
- "Warrior Lady of the Wasteland"
- "Shining Angel"
- "Masked Dragon"
- "Mystic Tomato"
- "Giant Rat"
- This card can be searched by "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Resonator Engine", "Vampire Dragon", "Summoner Monk", "Soul Rope", "Dragunity Corsesca", "BOXer", "Frontline Observer" and "Ninjitsu Art of Transformation".
- Use with "Burden of the Mighty" so that your opponent cannot summon level 4 monsters with an attack of 1800 or less, making it harder for them to get tributes for larger monsters.
- This combo will almost destroy any monsters who are levels 1-4. In addition, All of their monsters will be severely weakened. The best thing to do is use two "Burden of the Mighty". This will destroy any monster that today meta uses. "Judgment Dragon" and "Dark Armed Dragon" will both be 1400 exactly.
- When combined with "The Wicked Dreadroot" this combination will destroy virtually any monster your opponent summons- even the strongest monsters in the game like "Five-Headed Dragon" will be instantly destroyed, especially if "Light of Intervention" is used, with only a few cards such as a "King of the Skull Servants" with many "Wight" cards in the Graveyard will be able to survive. Remember, however, this combination will also make it extremely difficult for yourself to summon monsters as well, even the "King Tiger" itself will destroy itself with it's effect unless a card like "By Order of the Emperor" is used.
- Combine this card with "By Order of the Emperor" in a low-ATK monster deck; Negate its effect with "By Order of the Emperor" whenever you summon a monster, but allow it to destroy any 1400 ATK or lower monsters the opponent summons, and not only will you protect your monsters from its effect and clear your opponent's field with it, but you will also gain hand advantage from the cards drawn by using "By Order of the Emperor" when you summon your monsters.
- A powerful combo can be created by using this card and "Gravity Bind". Due to "Gravity Bind's" effect, any monster level 4 or higher cannot attack. Since there are few monsters with 1400 or more ATK and are level 3 or lower, this effectively shuts down your opponents ability to attack you. A similar combo is to use "Messenger of Peace", which stops all cards over 1500 from attacking, although it is slightly less effective since you have to pay 100 life points each of your standby phases.
- This Monster card can be useful in a plant deck that cycles "Destroyed" "Monsters"-
- Combine this monster with "Coffin Seller" plus "Burden of the Mighty" times two. This prevents Summon of most monsters your opponent may use, and if they dare Summon one, they take a damage free of charge.
- "King Tiger Wanghu" is also very helpful against most Tuners, such as "Krebons" and "Junk Synchron", as well as against most Destiny HERO monsters, like "Destiny HERO - Malicious" and "Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude". Because of this, this card is very useful against "Teleport Dark Armed" decks by eliminating the greatest threats of the deck before they can happen.
- Combine this monster, "Burden of the Mighty" and "D.D. Borderline" plus "Macro Cosmos". That will decimate average Level 4 monsters and Stall high-level monsters, giving you enough power to overpower your opponent's monsters.
- "King Tiger Wanghu" combined with "Light of Intervention" is very effective against defensive/stall decks.
- A good combo would be "King Tiger Wanghu" and "Bottomless Trap Hole" to take out any monster who doesn't have 1450 ATK.
- This card might seem to completely cripple the Watt archetype, but as long as you use "Messenger of Peace" and set your monsters and flip summon them the following turn, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Since "King Tiger Wanghu's" effect also affects your opponents field, they wouldn't be able to attack your set monsters with him, and if they happen to summon anything under 1400 ATK, it'll be destroyed via this card's effect, giving your opponent a very small margin in which they can exploit unless they can get rid of "Messenger of Peace".
- Use this card after you get "Ultimate Insect LV7" on the field, making it almost impossible for your opponent to play face up monsters
- Summon a few "Naturia Fruitfly" before you summon this card; you'll be able to quickly drain 300-2700 ATK from your opponent's monsters, virtually killing all but the strongest monsters in the game's existence.
- This monster is compatible with "Horn of the Phantom Beast". This, along with "Burden of the Mighty", turns "Wanghu" into a 2500 ATK beatstick with both destruction and draw effects while weakening opposing monsters to point where they pose little threat.
- Summon this card while you control a face a "Dark Simorgh" with "Anti-Spell Fragrance" and "Burden of the Mighty" to create a deadly lock, fairly easy to do in a "Ninja" deck.
Note:Following tip only works in the games.
- This card can completely destroy the 5 piece "Meklord Emperors" (as well as the cores).
- This card can be searched by "Witch of the Black Forest".
- The effect of "King Tiger Wanghu" is useful against "Cyber-Stein" decks as it can destroy or prevent the monster from being summoned; This is because "Cyber-Stein" has only 700 ATK and "King Tiger Wanghu's" effect destroys monsters with 1400 ATK or less.
- Combine this monster with "Crush Card Virus" and "Light of Intervention" to force your opponent to play the few cards not destroyed by "Crush Card" face-up.
- This card is very useful to use when going against Oppression/Gadget builds as it can ruin "Gadgets" and "Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo".
- This combo may easily take down the opponent in a few turns: Use "Plaguespreader Zombie", "Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower" and this monster together with "Imperial Iron Wall" and "Card of Safe Return" (Summon this monster after the "Tower"). Revive "Plaguespreader Zombie" constantly, to Mill your opponent endlessly 'til they get to Deck Out. Please note that some opponents (and some judges) will claim that you're infinite looping. Make sure you have a reason to perform this combo, such as if you were trying to finish the Duel quickly while in a pinch.