- Xyz Summoning this card through Xyz Evolution can give it a 'free' extra Xyz Material compared to Xyz Summoning it normally.
- Using the two effects of this card one after another (attaching, then immediately detaching) can effectively allow you to 'trade' any "Ghostrick" card in your hand for any "Ghostrick" Spell/Trap Card in your Deck.
- Since this card has little self-protection, take advantage of the "Ghostrick" archetype's ability to stall until you can manage to attach 10 Xyz Materials to it. You can also use cards like "Safe Zone".
- Use "Ghostrick Renovation" in the Graveyard to Xyz Summon another "Ghostrick" Xyz Monster on top of this card, and then Xyz Summon another copy of this card, obtaining 2 more Xyz Materials for free. This also refreshes this card's once-per-turn effect, potentially giving this card even more Xyz Materials in 1 turn.
- Use "Ghostrick Parade" to search and add cards to your hand that you can then attach to this card. Since you are going for the alternate victory condition, there is no problem with the opponent not taking any damage.
- This card's last effect can potentially be used more than once in the same turn, if it is flipped face-down, then face-up again. This is viable due to the common theme of flipping monsters face-up and face-down in "Ghostrick" Decks, such as by the effects of cards like "Ghostrick-Go-Round" and "Book of Eclipse". Other cards that can do this include "Ghostrick Museum", "Ghostrick Scare", and "Tsukuyomi".
- One or more copies of "Overlay Regen" (as opposed to other cards with more conditional effects that also attach Xyz Materials) can be used to achieve this card's victory condition faster.
- This card can be a gimmicky alternate victory method in a "Utopia" Deck based around "Xyz Change Tactics", "Rank-Up-Magic"/"Rank-Down-Magic" cards, and "Stoic Challenge" (see the Tips page of "Xyz Change Tactics" for details). As mentioned on that page, after getting a "Utopia" monster with at least 7 Xyz Materials, in case you do not draw "Stoic Challenge" or are otherwise stuck, you can segue into the following:
- Use "Rank-Down-Magic Numeron Fall" to Xyz Summon "Number 39: Utopia Roots" (8 Materials). Activate "Zombie World" and equip "Roots" with "Scroll of Bewitchment", choosing DARK. Finally, use "Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force" to Xyz Summon "Ghostrick Alucard" (9 Materials), then use "Alucard" to Xyz Summon this card (10 Materials). This particular method can even be a theoretical FTK.
- If running draw engine cards in the above strategy, such as "Dark World Dealings" and/or "Hand Destruction" in particular, you can use the second effect of "Strike of the Monarchs" in place of or to supplement "Scroll of Bewitchment".
|Japanese name||Secondary type||Attribute||Type||Rank||ATK||DEF|