- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Chaos Zone", "Painful Escape", "Exchange of Night and Day", "Dwarf Star Dragon Planeter" and "Release Restraint".
- Use "Card Trader" or "Magical Mallet" if you draw this card. "Gearfried the Swordmaster" can't be summoned by anyway other then "Release Restraint", which can summon him from the hand or deck, making him a dead draw in all cases.
- "Blast with Chain" works with this card, just like with "Gearfried the Iron Knight"; you want to interrupt your opponent's plays on their turn as opposed to only equip on yours.
- "Summoner Monk" helps get out "Gearfried the Iron Knight" faster to play "Release Restraint" or you can discard an extra Release Restraint if it clogs your hand.
- "Gearfried the Swordmaster" works well with "Gilford the Legend". Use "Heavy Storm" to clear both players side of the field from Spell and Trap Cards. Then Summon "Gilford the Legend" and equip strong Equip Spell Cards from your Graveyard to "Gearfried the Swordmaster". This will destroy all of your opponent's monsters, leaving them with an empty field. You can then attack your opponent directly with all of the monsters on your side of the field.