Tag Force 2 and onward
- Cards like Needle Worm, "Card Destruction" and "Morphing Jar" are great cards for getting rid of your opponent's monster cards.
- If you know your opponent's Deck well enough, use "Dark Designator" to give the opponent a high Level Monster, then use the above hand-discarding methods for "Fossil Fusion's" use.
- Keeping knowledge of your opponent's Deck/hand in mind, you could also use "Abyssal Designator".
- If you're also sure that your opponent has some high Level Fusion Monsters, you can use "Success Probability 0%" to get a chance of sending High Level Fusion Monsters to the Graveyard, including even "Cyberdark Dragon" or "Five-Headed Dragon", or, if they're already on the field, use "Anti-Fusion Device" to destroy them.
5D's Tag Force 4 and onward
- If, for any reason, you use a card effect to destroy your opponent's monsters, like with "Lightning Vortex", and your opponent negates it, specifically with their "Stardust Dragon", you can actually take advantage of "Stardust Dragon's" vulnerability in the opponent's Graveyard by using this card (and a Rock-type monster in your own Graveyard) to Fusion Summon "Fossil Dragon Skullgios" before the End Phase. The Same can be said of "Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode".
- This card can be searched via "Synchro Fusionist", if Synchro Fusionist was used in a Synchro Summon.