- Use this on "Morphing Jar" to use its effect, without having to worry too much about the discard, since both players' hands gets replaced with a fixed number of cards.
- Use this card with "Needle Worm". First, flip the "Needle Worm" to mill 5 cards of the opponent's Deck, then use "Darkness Approaches" to flip the "Needle Worm" face-down to make a sure discard of five other cards from the opponent's Deck when it flips again.
- If the opponent has a powerful monster out, flip it face-down with this card and then use "Nobleman of Crossout".
- A monster in face-down Attack Position is unaffected by cards like "Sasuke Samurai". A "Slate Warrior" attacked in this position would get its power boost when flipped.
- One possible use for this is to flip "Senior Silver Ninja" face-down; since it can Special Summon "Ninja" monsters from the Graveyard, it can make the cost virtually non-existent.
Video games Edit
- Though this card has limited uses in real life, it is incredibly useful in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards. In this game, it can flip all of its controller's monsters face-down at no cost, letting them be flipped to use their normally-single-use effects twice. For instance, use it with "Revival Jam" to Summon four fairly powerful monsters.
- This card is similarly powerful in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses. Perhaps its greatest use is with "Magician of Faith", since this allows for theoretically-infinite recycling of Monster effects every turn, including effects that increase ATK. It is slightly riskier, though, in that it flips down the opponent's Monsters as well.