- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Painful Escape", "Transmodify", "Chaos Zone", "Magical Contract Door", "Dragonic Tactics", "Draconnection", "Dragonic Guard", "Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation", "Hieratic Dragon King of Atum", "The Melody of Awakening Dragon", "Paladin of Felgrand" and "Krystal Dragon".
- This card can be Tribute Summoned quickly by activating a "Fires of Doomsday" during your opponent's End Phase, then during your turn you can use the tokens to Summon this card.
- In a Virus Control Deck, this card's summoning effect can be troublesome for your opponent. If your opponent activates a Spell during their Main Phase, they run the risk of having their cards destroyed.
- This card can be Tribute Summoned with one Tribute using "Double Coston", "Totem Dragon", "Keeper of the Shrine" and "The First Monarch".
- You can easily Summon this monster with "Mausoleum of the Emperor".
- This card synchronizes well with Quick-Play Spell Cards, because they can be activated during your opponent's turn.
- This card is an ideal target for the effect of "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon".
- Combo this monster's effect with "Dark Deal". If your opponent activates a Spell, you Special Summon a DARK monster from the Graveyard, and you may also trigger a Dark World effect, such as "Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World", possibly granting you a trump at Duel.
- Two of the most powerful monsters you can summon with this card are "Infernal Dragon", with 2000 ATK, and "Rare Metal Dragon", with 2400 ATK. However, both of these monsters have severe drawbacks. "Infernal Dragon" is destroyed during the End Phase if it attacks, while "Rare Metal Dragon" cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. By using "Dark Horus" to summon these monsters, however, you can erase their weaknesses and use their raw attack power to take huge chunks out of your opponent's Life Points. If "Mystic Plasma Zone" happens to be in play, those Monsters can be used to play "Eradicator Epidemic Virus".
- Use this card's effect to summon "Lady of D." to guard this card from attacks. Summoning "Obsidian Dragon" is also a good choice to prevent this card from being targeted
- This card can be searched by "Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms".
- Level 4 DARK monsters that can be Special Summoned: