- This card can be searched by "Temple of the Kings", "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Transmodify", "Rescue Ferret", "Painful Escape", "Chaos Zone", "Dragonic Guard", "Draconnection", "Hieratic Dragon King of Atum" and "Ninjitsu Art of Super-Transformation".
- This card can be useful in a Dark Magician Deck in order to Summon "Amulet Dragon", "Dark Magician the Dragon Knight", and/or "Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight" without needing "The Eye of Timaeus", as both cards can also be Fusion Summoned by simply using "Dark Magician"/"Dark Magician Girl" and any Dragon, which this card qualifies for that requirement. This also helps reduces the dependency on "The Eye of Timaeus" when needed. Likewise, its presence on the field or Graveyard can power up "Dark Paladin" by an extra 500 points.
- Use this against the "Earthbound Immortals" and "Malefics", as they require a Field Spell Card in play in order to stay on the field, so both them and their needed Field Spell can be removed just by Summoning this card.
- This card also has potential to work against decks such as "Monarchs" and "Zombies" due to the fact that "Domain of the True Monarchs" and "Zombie World" are typically essential to said decks, undoing any locks that may have been caused by said Field Spells if you are able to destroy them. However, "Immortal Ruler" can retrieve "Zombie World" from the Graveyard.
- If this card is used in a Pendulum Summoning based Deck, the field could be filled with Dragon-Type monsters and use this monster to Summon "Five-Headed Dragon" using all monsters on your field
- Likewise, this card can be used in a "Red-Eyes" or "Blue-Eyes" Deck to summon the Five-Headed Dragon, as these decks easily swarm the field with Dragon monsters.
- Combining this card with "Fusion Tag" can give yourself more choices for Fusion Summoning.
- Use this card's second effect while having "Zombie World" on the field and any other monster to Summon "Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon".
- In a Hieratics Deck, "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon" can be Fusion Summoned by having this card and "Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit" in your hand.
- Special Summon "Tefnuit" via its own effect (and activate "A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon" if it is needed, then Special Summon "Tefnuit" again), then Tribute it to Tribute Summon this card. The last effect of "Tefnuit" will trigger since it was Tributed and allow yourself to Special Summon any DARK Dragon-Type monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. Lastly, activate this card's effect to Fusion Summon "Starving Venom".
You can also summon "Starving Venom Fusion Dragon" with this card by special summoning "Keeper of the Shrine" via "Summoner Monk". Then send "Keeper of the Shrine" to the graveyard with the spell card "Transmodify" and then use it's effect to fusion summon.
- Fusion Monsters that can be Fusion Summoned using this card as Material:
|Japanese name||Secondary type||Attribute||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon||ビーストアイズ・ペンデュラム・ドラゴン||EARTH||Dragon||8||3000||2000|
|Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman||竜破壊の剣士－バスター・ブレイダー||LIGHT||Warrior||8||2800||2500|
|Dark Magician the Dragon Knight||竜騎士ブラック・マジシャン||DARK||Dragon||8||3000||2500|
|El Shaddoll Winda||エルシャドール・ミドラーシュ||DARK||Spellcaster||5||2200||800|
|Elemental HERO Escuridao||Ｅ・ＨＥＲＯ エスクリダオ||DARK||Warrior||8||2500||2000|
|Panzer Dragon||重装機甲 パンツァードラゴン||LIGHT||Machine||5||1000||2600|
|Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion||天翔の竜騎士ガイア||WIND||Dragon||7||2600||2100|
|Starving Venom Fusion Dragon||スターヴ・ヴェノム・フュージョン・ドラゴン||DARK||Dragon||8||2800||2000|
|Supreme King Z-ARC||覇王龍ズァーク||DARK||Dragon||12||4000||4000|