- This card can be searched by "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Painful Escape", "Ties of the Brethren", "Summoner Monk", "Vampire Dragon", "Resonator Engine", "Soul Rope", "Rescue Ferret", "BOXer", "Frontline Observer", "Dragunity Corsesca", "Witch of the Black Forest" and "Ninjitsu Art of Transformation".
- Note that if you try to search Chain Dog with Witch of the Black Forest on your turn, you won't be able to use the former's self-Special Summon effect due to the latter's errata.
- You can quickly send this card from your Deck to your Graveyard with "Dust Knight" or "Foolish Burial".
- Using this card as Xyz material will not banish it after it is summoned. As long as you have two Beasts, a detached "Chain Dog" may be immediately re-summoned.
- You can use this card in Ojama decks.
- You can special summon this card in a Scrap deck. Use the effect of "Scrap Chimera" to Special Summon "Scrap Beast", and you can summon this card.
- You can use this card with The Fabled archetype. Doing so can help to make "Zeman the Ape King" with a splashable Dark Tuner like "Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind".
- You can use this card in a Heraldic deck which makes it easy to get 2 beast-type monsters out very quickly
- This card is best used with "Diamond Dire Wolf". If you have two Level 4 Beast-type monsters on the field and 2 "Chain Dogs" in the graveyard, you can do the following combo:
- This card's summoning condition can easily be fulfilled with "Rescue Cat".
1. Special Summon a "Chain Dog" from the Graveyard with its own effect. 2. Xyz Summon "Diamond Dire Wolf" with the first "Chain Dog" and one of your Beasts. 3. Special summon the second "Chain Dog". 4. Use the effect of "Dire Wolf", detaching the first "Chain Dog", destroying one of your other Beasts in addition to the opponent's card 5. Special Summon the first "Chain Dog" from the Graveyard. 6. Use both "Chain Dogs" for another Rank 4 Xyz Summon. That combo is an easy +2 in card advantage, since it needed two monsters on the field, and you end up with two Xyz Monsters while getting rid of two of your opponent's cards.
- Use "Imperial Iron Wall" to prevent this card from being banished. If you have a "Mass Driver" and 2 Beast-type monsters on the field, you can do an OTK.
- Beast-Type Synchro Monsters that can use this card as Material:
|Japanese name||Secondary type||Attribute||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Grizzly, the Red Star Beast||赤色星獣グリズリー||EARTH||8||2700||2300|
|Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree||神樹の守護獣－牙王||EARTH||10||3100||1900|
|The Fabled Kudabbi||魔轟神獣クダベ||LIGHT||4||2200||1100|
|The Fabled Unicore||魔轟神獣ユニコール||LIGHT||4||2300||1000|
|Zeman the Ape King||猿魔王ゼーマン||EARTH||7||2500||1800|