- This card can be searched by "Soul Rope", "Resonator Engine", "Vampire Dragon", "Summoner Monk", "Dark General Freed", "Creeping Darkness", "Gear Gigant X", "UFOroid" and "Mystic Tomato".
- Other monsters with this effect, (Tribute monster for damage) include "Toon Cannon Soldier". This allows more monsters for use in the FTK/OTKs.
- If you activate "Limiter Removal" and you don't get the finishing blow, Tribute all of the monsters you have to possibly finish them off (including itself) for the possible win.
- "Cannon Soldier" works well in a deck with recurring monsters like "Treeborn Frog".
- This card works well in a Deck that uses "Dimensional Fissure" and "D.D. Survivor" or "D.D. Scout Plane". When both are on the Field, you can Tribute Survivor or Scout Plane with "Cannon Soldier" and they will simply return during your End Phase.
- "Cannon Soldier" also works well with "Dandylion" you can tribute it and its tokens for a instant 1500 damage.
Have "Cannon Soldier", Faultroll and Ragigura on the field and the other Faultroll in the graveyard. Tribute Ragigura via "Cannon Soldier"'s effect and then special summon it back using Faultroll's effect, adding the other Faultroll into your hand. Then special summon the other Faultroll and tribute Ragigura and the used Faultroll via Cannon Soldier's effect. The other Faultroll then Special Summons Ragigura adding the original Faultroll to your hand which you special summon then start again. Repeat until victory
- When your Life Points are at least 500 more than your opponent's, use "Ultimate Offering" to Summon "Black Ptera" and "Cannon Soldier", then Tribute "Black Ptera". Black Ptera returns to your hand as it was sent to the Graveyard, but not by battle. Summon again with "Ultimate Offering" and repeat until victory.
- Tribute one "Gigaplant" with "Cannon Soldier", and use the other "Gigaplant" to revive the first. Repeat until victory.
Imperial Iron Wall + 1 Tuner monster + Quillbolt Hedgehog
- With "Imperial Iron Wall" activate, "Quillbolt Hedgehog" in the Graveyard and "Cannon Soldier" and at least 1 Tuner on the field, activate the effect of "Quillbolt Hedgehog" which Special Summons it. Tribute it with "Cannon Soldier" and "Imperial Iron Wall" prevents it from being banished. Repeat until victory.
- With 1 "Wind-up Rat" on your field and one in your graveyard, normal summon Cannon Soldier and activate "Final Attack Orders" or "Level Limit - Area A". Use the 1st Wind-up Rat on your field to revive the 2nd Wind-Up Rat in your graveyard (both are switched to attack mode via "Final Attack Orders" or "Level Limit - Area A") and use Cannon Soldier's effect to tribute the 1st Rat to do 500 damage. Use the 2nd Rat to revive the 1st Rat, then tribute the 2nd Rat, repeat until victory.
- With 1 "Spear Cretin" in the Graveyard, one face-down or recently flipped face-up on the field and an active "All-Out Attacks", Summon "Cannon Soldier" and Tribute the "Spear Cretin". Revive the other "Spear Cretin" in face-down Defense Position. "All-Out Attacks" causes it to be flipped face-up because it was Special Summoned. Repeat until victory.
- Activate "Fusion Gate" and "Chain Material", then Summon "Cannon Soldier". Using "Chain Material" and "Fusion Gate", Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Electrum" from your Extra Deck. "Elemental Hero Electrum" returns its banished Fusion Material Monsters to your Deck. Tribute it for "Cannon Soldier", then use "Fusion Gate" and "Chain Material" to Summon another. Since the first "Elemental HERO Electrum" was banished by "Dimensional Fissure" or "Macro Cosmos", it is returned to your Extra Deck, along with the Fusion Material Monsters, when the second is Summoned. Repeat until victory.
- With Ultimate Offering activated, you can fill up the field with one Cannon Soldier and four Gadgets of any color. Then you can start activating the effect of "Cannon Soldier" to Tribute four of those "Gadget" and deals 2000 damage to your opponent then re-summons those "Gadgets". Do this loop until the fifth "Gadget" is sacrificed and four other gadgets still exist on the field, you may have dealt 2500 damage to your opponent. enter the battle phase, clear out the opponent's monsters by using card such as Lightning Vortex and attack him/her with all of your monsters then you may have dealt around 8000 damage. If your opponent still breathing, tribute all of your monsters using the effect of "Cannon Soldier" to deal another 2500 damage.
- Take control of an opponent's monster using cards like "Snatch Steal" and then Tribute it for the effect of "Toon Cannon Soldier".
- This card can be used in place of "Mass Driver".
- In Traditional Format, you can turn the "Black Ptera" OTK into a "Black Ptera" FTK, by taking advantage of "Makyura the Destructor" and "Temple of the Kings".
- With "Dark Magician of Chaos", "Spell Economics" and "Cannon Soldier" on the field and "Dimension Fusion" in your hand, Tribute "Dark Magician of Chaos" with "Cannon Soldier." Activate "Dimension Fusion", paying no Life Points due to the effect of Spell Economics, Special Summoning "Dark Magician of Chaos". Add "Dimension Fusion" to your hand with the effect of "Dark Magician of Chaos" and repeat until victory.
- With "Imperial Iron Wall" and "Card of Safe Return" active, "Cannon Soldier" on the field and "Plaguespreader Zombie" in the Graveyard, activate the effect of "Plaguespreader Zombie", return 1 card from your hand to the top of your Deck and Special Summon it. "Card of Safe Return" causes you to Draw the card you just returned to your deck. Tribute "Plaguespreader Zombie" for "Cannon Soldier", while Imperial Iron Wall prevents "Plaguespreader Zombie" from being banished. Repeat until victory.