Can my opponent's monsters still destroy mine while this card is active on my side of the field? For example, if i attack with opticlops (1800 ATK)on my opponents amazonness tiger (1500 ATK)and the opponent uses Rush Recklessly or Reinforcements, can my opticlops be destroyed? or will swords of revealing light prevent the battle from happening? Heaven-Smile 12:10, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- "Opticlops" will still be destroyed. "Swords of Revealing Light" only prevents your opponent's monsters from declaring an attack - it does not prevent battles, or monsters from being destroyed, or anything like that.
- It's usually better to ask questions on the Forum, since more people visit there. Also, remember to sign your posts with four tildes ~~~~, since that automatically creates a signature for you.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 04:44, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
2 different 'Swords of Revealing Light' cards
OK, so I was playing yugioh 5D's Stardust Accelerator World Championship 2009 DS. and I encountered Swords of Revealing Light in one of my opponent's decks.
they used it and I destroyed it. however when the card was destroyed and sent to the graveyard it's effects stayed active!! thus it was useless to destroy it! the ONLY way to stop it was to counter it before it was activated or as it was trying to be activated.
so, I played my Swords of Revealing Light in a real duel with cards like that with friends, they destroyed it, and I claimed it's effects were still active.
after a heated dispute, we found that there are two seperate Swords of Revealing Light cards with the same code!
SoRL Spell Card (this one can be destroyed and countered at any time)
SoRL Magic Card (this one stays active unless it's countered before or as it is activated, if countered or destroyed after activation it's effect's stay active for the 3 turns)
please update the Swords of Revealing Light wikipage to include this info. 126.96.36.199 06:50, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
- When you find cards with different lores, you play by the newest lore. In this case, Swords must stay face up on the field for its effect(s) to count. If it happens in a video game, it's probably a glitch. --Blue (Talk) 06:53, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
- I've asked Konami about this 'glitch' and they said "if it's in the newest game it's official ruling." plus I doubt it's a glitch it happens everytime. it works like I cited the Magic Card version to work. 188.8.131.52 07:04, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Cards have their texts updated all the time. Almost every card from Series 2&3 has been reprinted with an updated text. Regardless, you should play by the latest card text.
- Also, ever since "Swords of Revealing Light" was released in LOB, we were told to play it by the Spell Card/SYE-039 text. We have received no notification that this has changed, so it is most likely a glitch.
- Even if the glitch is repeatable, all it means is that the game was programmed that way. It does not mean that is was programmed correctly. Video games contain glitches.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 18:49, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
Thats a good find but there 2 copies because its an old card vs the new 1 for example when old cards are released again there effects might be changed to fit the time of released rules so thats why there 2 --The Name L 06:51, December 25, 2009 (UTC)