- Card interactions: Skill Drain
Does the effect of Doomcaliber Knight activate if Skill Drain is into play? What if I activate Skill Drain in chain to Doomcaliber Knight's effect? —This unsigned comment was made by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 16:02, 21 May 2009
- "Skill Drain" will do nothing. "Skill Drain" does not prevent cards from activating their effects, so the effect of "Doomcaliber Knight" will activate and he will Tribute himself. Then, when his effect resolves, "Doomcaliber Knight" is no longer face-up on the field, so "Skill Drain" will not affect him, so he will negate the other card.
- It's better to ask questions on the Forum, since more people visit there. Also, remember to sign your posts with four tildes ~~~~, since that automatically creates a signature for you.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 05:35, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
- No. When "XX-Saber Gardestrike" Special Summons itself, it is through a Summoning Condition. This is not an effect which starts a Chain Link, so "Doomcaliber Knight" cannot negate it.
- It's usually better to ask questions on the Forum, since more people visit there. Also, remember to sign your posts with four tildes ~~~~, since that automatically creates a signature for you.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 02:41, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
If Doomcaliber Knight is destroyed by battle with Red Dragon Archfiend, will its effect activate, unlike Stardust Dragon, since it is mandatory? 18.104.22.168 03:54, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Correct. "Doomcaliber Knight" will Tribute itself, and negate the activation of "Red Dragon Archfiend"'s effect.
- We have a rulings forum specifically set up for your rulings questions.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 02:22, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
Out of Date
The ruling on "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest" vs "Doomcaliber Knight" was not updated and is no longer viable, since the effect of "Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest" can no longer be activated in the Damage Step. --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 19:30, 9 June 2009 (UTC)