Mentions in Other Rulings
- Egotistical Ape: You can still Special Summon Egotistical Ape while Zombie World is in play, however you will not be able to activate its effect to change its Level because the Beast-Type monster is being treated as a Zombie-Type monster.
- Kasha: If non-Zombie-Type monsters that are treated as Zombies by "Zombie World" are returned to the Deck by "Kasha" they do not count towards its ATK.
- Metaphysical Regeneration: “Zombie World” will change all Psychic monsters into Zombies, including in the Graveyard, so any Psychic monsters sent to the Graveyard will be Zombies instead, and will not count for “Metaphysical Regeneration” (in fact, you cannot activate “Metaphysical Regeneration” in that case).
- Solidarity: If non-Zombie-Type monsters in the Graveyard are being treated as Zombie-Type due to “Zombie World” the ATK boost will not apply.
- The monster's Type is checked when it is in the hand. That is, even though a non-Zombie-Type monster will be a Zombie-Type monster when it's on the field, you cannot Tribute Summon it, since it is not a Zombie-Type monster when it is in your hand.
- If the monster targeted by "Paladin of the Cursed Dragon"'s effect is not an Zombie-Type monster when the effect resolves, then his effect resolves without effect. For example, if "Mystical Space Typhoon" is chained to the effect and destroys "Zombie World", then "Paladin of the Cursed Dragon"'s effect resolves without effect.
- "Paladin of the Cursed Dragon" can Summon a monster affected by "Zombie World", even if the monster was not Zombie-Type when it was destroyed by battle.
- If the Zombie-Type monster targeted by an effect like "Book of Life" or "Mezuki" or "Zombie Master" is not a Zombie-Type monster at resolution - for example, "Mystical Space Typhoon" was chained and destroyed "Zombie World" - then the effect which Special Summons the monster from the Graveyard is not applied. Also, for "Book of Life", its effect which removes from play one card in your opponent's Graveyard is still applied.
- Vs. "DNA Surgery": Which ever card is activates last has its effect applied (although "Zombie World" will continue to affect the Graveyard and prevent Tribute Summons). Also, if "DNA Surgery" is activated after "Zombie World", then Tribute Summoning an originally Zombie-Type monster is still allowed (even though it is a non-Zombie-Type monster when it is on the field).
- While the effect of "Zombie World" is applied, when a Psychic-Type monster is sent to the Graveyard, it is a Zombie-Type monster while in the Graveyard. Because of this, it is treated as a Zombie-Type monster being sent to the Graveyard, so the monster will not be included in the effect of "Metaphysical Regeneration".
- If "Zombie World" or "DNA Surgery", ect, is face-up on the field and makes all monsters on the field Zombie-Type, and the effect of "Archfiend Zombie-Skull" is applied that prevents the Zombie-Type monsters from being destroyed by card effects, then when "Black Rose Dragon" is Synchro Summoned and its effect that destroys all cards on the field is activated, even though "Archfiend Zombie-Skull" and "Zombie World" would be destroyed simultaneously [sic], "Black Rose Dragon" still treated as a Zombie-Type, so it is not destroyed by the effect and remains to the field.
- ↑ Konami Gameplay FAQ: Duelist Revolution Sneak Peek -- Card Rulings (Version 1.0)
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: Spell Card > Zombie World
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: While "Zombie World" is active, can you Tribute Summon a non-Zombie-Type monster?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: When the monster targeted by "Paladin of the Cursed Dragon" is not Zombie-Type when the effect resolves, is it still Special Summoned?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: When a monster which was already destroyed by battle becomes Zombie-Type, can it be targeted with "Paladin of the Cursed Dragon"'s effect?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: When resolving the effect of "Book of Moon", if the targeted monster is not a Zombie, then can it be Special Summoned?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: When "Zombie World" and "DNA Surgery" are both active, which effect is applied?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: When "Zombie World" has been activated, can Life Points be recovered by "Metaphysical Regeneration"?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: If "Zombie World" and "Archfiend Zombie-Skull" are on the field, is "Black Rose Dragon" destroyed by its own effect?