|This card's OCG and TCG rulings contradict each other.
- The effect of "Transforming Sphere" which equips a face-up Defense Position monster to it is an Ignition Effect.
- The effect to equip a card to this card is an effect that targets one monster your opponent controls in face-up Defense Position.
- If "Transforming Sphere" is equipped with a monster like "Vanity's Fiend" or with a Special Summon Monster like "Dark Armed Dragon" that cannot be Special Summoned, then during the End Phase the effect to Special Summon the equipped monster to your opponent's field still activates. However, the monster cannot be Special Summoned, so it is sent to the Graveyard.
- Even if you cannot Special Summon during the End Phase—for example, if the effect of "Vanity's Fiend" is active, or if you activated "Scapegoat" during this turn—then the effect of "Transforming Sphere" still activates during the End Phase, but the equipped monster cannot be Special Summoned and remains equipped.
- Even if an effect like "Book of Moon" is Chained to the effect of "Transforming Sphere", so that when resolving the effect of Transforming Sphere that equips an opponent's monster to it the targeted monster is now in face-down Defense Position, it will be equipped face-down to "Transforming Sphere". In this case, "Transforming Sphere" does not gain any ATK. It should be noted that the effect that Special Summons the equipped monster in face-up Defense Position during the End Phase is applied normally, and the monster that is equipped face-down will be Special Summoned in face-up Defense Position.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Konami OCG Card Database: Transforming Sphere
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Konami OCG Card Database: What happens to the equipped monster if "Transforming Sphere" cannot Special Summon the equipped monster during the End Phase?
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: When resolving the effect of "Transforming Sphere" to equip an opponent's monster, if the target is in face-down Defense Position, how does it resolve?