|This card's OCG and TCG rulings contradict each other.
The OCG text mentions that it can be used as 2 Tributes for an "Advanced Summon" which includes both "Tribute Summon" and "Tribute Set", so in the OCG "Steelswarm Genome" can be used as 2 Tributes for a Tribute Set as well.
Judge Program Forum Rulings
|These Ruling(s) have not been confirmed as applicable to the TCG.[Notes 1]|
- The effect of "Steelswarm Genome" is not an Ignition Effect, Trigger Effect, Quick Effect, or Continuous Effect.
- If you Tribute "Steelswarm Genome" for the Tribute Summon of a "Steelswarm" monster, you choose whether to treat it as 1 Tribute or 2.
- You can treat "Steelswarm Genome" as 2 Tributes for the Set of a Level 7 or higher "Steelswarm" monster in face-down Defense Position.
- You can also treat a face-down Defense Position "Steelswarm Genome" as 2 Tributes to Tribute Summon a Level 7 or higher "Steelswarm" monster in face-up Attack Position.
- You can activate the effect of a "Steelswarm Caucastag" Tribute Summoned by Tributing a "Steelswarm Genome" that was treated as 2 Tributes.
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Rulings are considered unverified, as their source(s) are not publicly viewable. They are not confirmed as applicable to the TCG until they have been officially published by Konami.