- The effect to Special Summon Stardust Dragon targets. It can be activated during the Damage Step.
- If Stardust Phantom is destroyed because your opponent tries to take control of it with a card effect but has no open Monster Card Zones, you cannot activate the effect to Special Summon Stardust Dragon.
- If your Stardust Phantom is equipped to one of your monsters by an effect and is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by an opponent’s card, you CAN activate its effect.
- If Stardust Dragon and Stardust Phantom are destroyed at the same time, you can activate Stardust Phantom’s effect and Special Summon that same Stardust Dragon.
- The second effect of Stardust Phantom targets the face-up Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. It cannot be activated during the Damage Step.
- If the target face-up Dragon-Type Synchro Monster is flipped face-down, or removed from the field, the effect will not apply even if it is flipped face-up again or returns to the field.
- You cannot target the same Dragon-Type Synchro Monster with more than 1 Stardust Phantom’s effect.
- The protection granted by Stardust Phantom’s effect along with the ATK and DEF decreases last as long as the targeted monster is face-up on the field.
- The targeted monster does not need to have at least 800 ATK or DEF to be protected by battle. The effect still applies even if the monster has 0 ATK or DEF. In this case, the monster will lose as much ATK and DEF as it can.
Mentions in other Rulings
- Necro Defender: If you use Necro Defender and Stardust Phantom’s effect on the same monster, apply Necro Defender’s effect if the targeted monster would be destroyed by battle.