- The effect of "D.D. Warrior" activates at the same time that Flip Effects would activate if a monster was flipped by battle. If "D.D. Warrior" attacks "Penguin Soldier", then the effect of "D.D. Warrior" becomes Chain Link 1 because it is controlled by the Turn Player, and "Penguin Soldier" becomes Chain Link 2. "Penguin Soldier" resolves first and returns any monsters still on the field to the hand, and then "D.D. Warrior" resolves next. If either "Penguin Soldier" or "D.D. Warrior" is not on the field at resolution, then the remaining monster is still removed from play.
- If "Penguin Soldier" is destroyed by battle, then it cannot return itself to the hand with its effect.
- If a monster is equipped with an Equip Card, if the monster is returned to the hand by "Penguin Soldier" or "Hane-Hane", then the Equip Card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard.
- During the Damage Step, you can only activate Spell/Trap Cards which increase/decrease a monster's ATK or DEF. Also, if a Flip Effect Monster is flipped during the Damage Step, then its effect activates after Damage Calculation. Because of this, if a face-down Flip Effect Monster is attacked, then you cannot activate "Acid Trap Hole" targeting "Penguin Soldier" to return the flipped monster to your hand before it is destroyed by battle but after the monster is flipped.
- You can choose to return less than two monsters, even if there are two or more monsters on the field.
- If a Fusion Monster would be returned to the hand by "Hane-Hane"/"Penguin Soldier"/"Compulsory Evacuation Device"/etc, then it is instead returned directly to the Extra Deck.
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Konami FAQ: [Chain] "D.D. Warrior" vs "Penguin Soldier" (Flip Effect Monsters)
- ↑ Konami FAQ: [Basic Rules] When a monster is returned to the hand by "Hane-Hane", what happens to cards equipped to the monster?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: [Basic Rules] At what time can Trap Cards etc be activated during the Damage Step?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Can a player choose how many cards are returned to the hand by "Penguin Soldier"?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: When the effect of "Penguin Soldier" activates when your opponent has no monsters on the field, must you return your own monsters to your hand?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: [Basic Rules] Please explain what happens when a Fusion Monster is returned to the hand.
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS