- You can activate this card during the Damage Step, up until the start of damage calculation. You cannot activate it during damage calculation.
- The card-drawing effect of "Horn of the Phantom Beast" activates and starts a Chain Link when the opponent's monster is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard.
- Cards like "Kunai with Chain" and "Horn of the Phantom Beast" are treated as Trap Cards with effects that equip them to monsters. They are not treated as Spell Cards. They are treated as Equip Cards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Konami Gameplay FAQ: Duelist Revolution Sneak Peek -- Card Rulings (Version 1.0)
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: Trap Card > Horn of the Phantom Beast
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: Are Trap Cards which equip themselves treated as Spell Cards?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: Can "Horn of the Phantom Beast" be activated and equipped to a monster during the Damage Step?