- The effect that destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on your opponent side of the field targets 1 Spell or Trap Card the opponent controls.
Hieratic Monster Rulings
- If you Tribute a Hieratic monster as a cost, You can still Special Summon a Dragon-Type Normal Monster. The Special Summon effects read as follows. “When this card is Tributed: Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type Normal Monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, and make its ATK and DEF 0.” Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb must Summon a “Hieratic” Normal Monster, but the effect is the same other than that. This is a mandatory effect, so it’s going to activate no matter when or how your Dragon is Tributed.
- The Special Summon effect does not Chain to whatever Tributes the Hieratic monster. This Special Summon effect is a Trigger Effect. Trigger Effects are Spell Speed 1, so they don’t Chain to any already activated effects. They have to wait until any current Chain is finished, and then all Trigger Effects that were triggered in the process will begin a new Chain afterwards.
- The monster’s ATK and DEF are 0 the moment it reaches the field, so Bottomless Trap Hole can’t be used.
- Even if the card is tributed for an effect like a Ritual Spell Card, the effect will activate.
- A monster Summoned by this effect is Summoned with its ATK and DEF treated as 0. Therefore, at the time of the successful Special Summon, the ATK and DEF is considered to be 0.
- When the effect of "Necrovalley" is applying, you cannot Special Summon a "Hieratic" Normal Monster from the Graveyard with the effect of "Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb", etc. Therefore, when the effect of "Necrovalley" is applying, you can only Special Summon a "Hieratic" Normal Monster with the effect of "Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb", etc, from the hand or Deck.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Konami OCG FAQ: Effect Monster > Hieratic Dragon of Su
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Konami TCG Strategy Site: What are the Hieratic Seals?
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Konami OCG FAQ: Effect Monster > Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Konami OCG FAQ: Effect Monster > Hieratic Dragon of Eset
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Konami OCG FAQ: Effect Monster > Hieratic Dragon of Nebthet
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Konami OCG FAQ: Effect Monster > Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: When is the ATK and DEF of a Dragon-Type Normal Monster Summoned from the hand/Deck/Graveyard by the effect of "Hieroglyph Dragon - Dragon Geib" reduced to 0?
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: If "Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb", etc, is Tributed while "Necrovalley" is applying, can you Special Summon from the Graveyard?