- Even if "Dark Paladin" is sent to the Graveyard after being Fusion Summoned, it cannot be Special Summoned by the effect of "Monster Reborn".
- The effect "This card gains 500 ATK for each Dragon-Type monster on the field or in either player's Graveyard." is a Continuous Effect.
- If the number of Dragon-Type monsters on the field or in either player's Graveyard changes, this card's ATK also changes.
- The effect "During either player's turn, when a Spell Card is activated: You can discard 1 card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect." is a Quick Effect. (It does not target. Discarding 1 card is a cost to activate this effect. It can be activated during the Damage Step.)
- If "Offerings to the Doomed"/"Raigeki Break"/etc is chained to the Spell/Trap Card-negating effect of "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8"/"Dark Paladin"/"Sorcerer of Dark Magic"/"Gladiator Beast Heraklinos" so that "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" etc is not face-up on the field at resolution, then the Spell/Trap Card is neither negated nor destroyed.
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The latest print of "Dark Paladin" uses Problem-Solving Card Text, which states that it must be face-up on the field to resolve this effect.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Konami OCG Card Database: Dark Paladin
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: If "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" is not face-up on the field when resolving the effect, is the Spell Card negated?
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS