- This card does not target.
- "Banish, from your hand or your Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters listed on a Fusion Monster Card that can only be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion"" and "Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck." are not considered to happen simultaneously.
- You can Special Summon a monster that can only be Special Summoned with "Dark Fusion", but the "The Special Summoned monster cannot be targeted by the opponent's Spells, Traps, or card effects this turn." effect is not applied.
- When Fusion Summoning with "Dark Calling", you can banish 2 Fusion Materials from only your hand, or from only your Graveyard, or you can banish 1 from the hand and 1 from the Graveyard. It isn't mandatory to banish 1 from each.
- When resolving "Dark Fusion", you can use a card like "King of the Swamp" as a substitute Fusion Material. However, if you are Fusion Summoning a Fusion Monster like "Evil Hero Dark Gaia" which does not specifically name cards ("1 Fiend-Type monster + 1 Rock-Type monster"), or a monster like "Dark Balter the Terrible" with the text "A Fusion Summon of this monster can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters", then you cannot use a monster like "King of the Swamp".
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Chain Material: You can use this effect with any other card that Fusion Summons, such as "Polymerization", "Power Bond", "Miracle Fusion", "Future Fusion", "Dark Calling", etc.
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Konami OCG Card Database: Dark Calling
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: Can you Special Summon using the effect of "Dark Calling" by only banishing Fusion Materials from your hand?
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: When Fusion Summoning with "Dark Calling", can you use "King of the Swamp" to Special Summon the Fusion Monster?
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: Please explain the details of "Chain Material"'s effect.
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS