- The effect of “Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame” activates when monsters are destroyed and sent to the Graveyard at the end of the Damage Step. This is the same timing as the effects of cards like “Hydrogeddon,” “Blue Thunder T-45,” “Goyo Guardian,” and “Elemental Hero Flame Wingman” [sic].
- In order for its effect to activate, “Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame” must be face-up on the field when the monster it destroyed by battle is sent to the Graveyard. This means:
- If Shura and the other monster destroy each other by battle (equal ATK), Shura’s effect does not activate.
- If Shura is destroyed by a Flip Effect like “Man-Eater Bug,” Shura’s effect does not activate.
- If Shura is flipped face-down after damage calculation by a card effect, such as “Desertapir,” Shura’s effect does not activate.
- If Shura is removed from play [sic] by battling “D.D. Warrior,” Shura’s effect does not activate.
- If Shura is destroyed by an effect after the monster it destroyed by battle was sent to the Graveyard, such as “Michizure,” Shura’s effect DOES activate, and you can Special Summon a monster.
- NOTE: These rules also apply to any other monster with the text “When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard….” (Examples: “Hydrogeddon,” “Goyo Guardian,” or “Elemental Hero Flame Wingman” [sic].)
- These rules do NOT apply to monsters with the text “When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle….” (but does not specify “and sends it to the Graveyard”). (Example: “Blue Thunder T-45”.) Monsters with that text will activate their effects in ALL of the above scenarios.
- The effect activates if an opponent's monster is destroyed during either your or your opponent's turn.
- While the effect is active, your opponent can still Normal Set monsters. However, he cannot Special Summon monsters in face-down Defense Position.
- The effect lasts until the end of your opponent's next turn. You do not choose when the effect stops being applied during the End Phase.
- If "Crimson Blader" is flipped face-down or removed from the field after its effect resolves, then you still apply its effect, and your opponent still cannot Normal/Special Summon Level 5+ monsters.
- If "Skill Drain" is activated after the effect of your "Crimson Blader" resolves, then the effect of "Crimson Blader" is not negated and your opponent still cannot Normal/Special Summon monsters.
- If your "Crimson Blader" destroys by battle a monster your opponent controls that you own, then you can activate the effect of "Crimson Blader".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Konami Gameplay FAQ: Raging Battle -- Card Rulings (version 1.2)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Konami OCG FAQ: Synchro Monster > Crimson Blader
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: If a "Crimson Blader" who activated its effect is removed from the field, then do you stop applying the effect?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: If "Skill Drain" is activated after "Crimson Blader" activates, then do you stop applying the effect?
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: If "Crimson Blader" destroys your own monster that is on your opponent's field, then can you activate its effect?