- "Chimeratech Overdragon" cannot be Special Summoned, except by Fusion Summon. After it is Fusion Summoned, if it is sent to the Graveyard, it cannot be Special Sumoned with "Monster Reborn".
- The "When this card is Fusion Summoned: Send all other cards you control to the Graveyard." effect is a Trigger Effect. (It is a mandatory effect that is activated when "Chimeratech Overdragon" is Fusion Summoned. It does not target.)
- The "The original ATK and DEF of this card each become equal to the number of Fusion Material Monsters used for its Fusion Summon x 800." effect is a Continuous Effect.
- The "Each turn, this card can attack your opponent's monsters a number of times equal to the number of Fusion Material Monsters used for its Fusion Summon." effect is a Continuous Effect. (After this card attacked a monster using this effect, it cannot attack your opponent directly. After this card attacked your opponent directly, it cannot attack a monster.)
- The ATK of "Fog King" is the combined original ATK of the Tributed monsters after they were Tributed. If "Chimeratech Overdragon", "Megarock Dragon" or "King of the Skull Servants" is Tributed, "?" ATK is treated as 0, so "Fog King" will have 0 ATK.
- If "Jinzo" and "Jinzo - Returner" are sent to the Graveyard simultaneously by "Future Fusion" to Special Summon "Chimeratech Overdragon", you can activate the effect of "Jinzo - Returner" and Special Summon the sent "Jinzo".
- If a "Chimeratech Overdragon" that was Fusion Summoned using 3 monsters as Fusion Materials is targeted by "Shrink", its original ATK (2400) is halved (1200 ATK). When the turn ends, the effect of "Shrink" is no longer applied, and the ATK of "Chimeratech Overdragon" returns to 2400.
- "Grave of the Super Ancient Organism" will also prevent the activation of mandatory effects, such as the Trigger Effect of "Chimeratech Overdragon" which sends all cards on your field to the Graveyard.
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
Video Game Rulings
- The Fusion-Material Monsters for "Chimeratech Overdragon" are "Cyber Dragon" and at least 1 Machine-Type Monster. There is no limit, so you can use as many Machine-Type Monsters as possible for Fusion-Material. If you use the effect of a Fusion-Material replacement monster, it can replace "Cyber Dragon," but it cannot replace the Machine-Type Monsters.
This monster can attack for every monster used as Fusion-Material, but once you attack a monster during the Battle Phase, you cannot direct attack the player afterwards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Konami OCG Card Database: Chimeratech Overdragon
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: When Tributing a monster whose original ATK has changed - like "Megarock Dragon" - for "Fog King", what does the ATK become?
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: When "Jinzo" and "Jinzo - Returner" are sent to the Graveyard simultaneously, can "Jinzo" be Special Summoned?
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: If "Shrink" targets "Chimeratech Overdragon", what happens to its ATK?
- ↑ Konami OCG Card Database: If "Chimeratech Overdragon" is Fusion Summoned after "Grave of the Super Ancient Organism" was activated, does its effect activate?
- ↑ UDE Judge List: Future Fusion + Cyber Phoenix + Chimeratech Overdragon
- ↑ UDE Judge List: Skill Drain's impact on monsters with variable ATK and/or DEF
- ↑ UDE Judge List: chimeratech overdragon attacking all monster
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia: Glossary > Chimeratech Overdragon