Mentions in Other Rulings
- Damage Translation: If the effect of “Damage Translation” is being applied and you switch damage you would have taken to your opponent with “Barrel Behind the Door” the damage is halved. (Example: I activate “Damage Translation.” Later in the turn, you activate “Ookazi” and I Chain with “Barrel Behind the Door.” You will only take 400 damage.)
- Nightmare Archfiends: When a “Nightmare Archfiend Token” is destroyed, the effect to inflict damage does not start a chain, so cards like “Barrel Behind the Door” cannot be activated.
- If "Damage Translation" has already resolved, then the damage inflicted by your opponent's "Ookazi" will be halved from 800 to 400 damage. Afterwards, if "Barrel Behind the Door" is activated, the damage will remain at 400, so that 400 damage will be inflicted to your opponent.
- "Barrel Behind the Door", "Trap of Board Eraser", and similar cards cannot be activated in Chain to the effect of a Continuous Spell or Trap Card that activates and will inflict damage, such as when a "Wave-Motion Cannon" or "Ominous Fortunetelling" which is already face-up has its effect activate.
- "Barrel Behind the Door", "Trap of Board Eraser", and similar Counter Trap cards must be activated in Chain to an effect which inflicts damage. If the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster Card like "Spell Chronicle", "Curse of Darkness", or "Fire Princess" would inflict damage but does not start a Chain, then you cannot activate a card like "Barrel Behind the Door".
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- ↑ The newest errata of "Relinquished" has Problem-Solving Card Text which shows its effect to inflict damage is a Continuous Effect and not a Trigger Effect.
- ↑ Konami FAQ: How much damage is inflicted when "Barrel Behind the Door" is activated while applying the effect of "Damage Translation"?
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Konami FAQ: Can "Barrel Behind the Door" be activated when you take damage from a Continuous Spell or Trap Card, or from a monster's Continuous Effect?
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS