- Yugi Muto gave this card to Joey Wheeler while they were on the boat ride to Duelist Kingdom. Yugi tells Joey to add this card into his Deck as it might help him in a really big situation.
- In episode 6, this card appears in a flashback Joey has when he remembers Yugi giving him the this card during the ride to Duelist Kingdom as well as Yugi saying to him there are some things that you can see that can't actually be seen.
- This card's first appearance in a duel was during Joey's duel against Mai Valentine. Joey then activated this card's effect to make time go forward. This not only transformed Joey's Baby Dragon into the Thousand Dragon, but it also weakened Mai's Harpie Lady Sisters as well. The first time it was played, it was a Spell Card and it couldn't fail.
- In episode 11, this card appears in Joey's thoughts when he thinks of the strategy that might help him defeat Rex. This card also appeared in a flashback Joey has when he remembers the combo he used to beat Mai and believes it can probably help him win again.
- This card next appeared in Joey's duel against Rex Raptor, where Joey placed it face-down on his fourth turn(He was going to use his the combo he used against Mai, but Rex destroyed "Baby Dragon" before he can play this card. Despite not having "Baby Dragon", Joey decides to set this card face-down until he can find a way to use it). On the last turn of the duel, Rex wagered his "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" and his "Dragon Nails" card for it. Joey then flipped this card face-up on his next turn, activating its effect. The gamble worked, and "Rex's Red-Eyes Black Dragon" was destroyed while also inflicting damage to Rex equal to half of his monster's ATK, winning Joey the duel. As per the wager, Rex had to forfeit his "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" and his "Dragon Nails".
- In episode 12, this card appears in Rex's thoughts when he realizes Joey still has this card face-down. He then reminds himself that Joey hasn't found out all of the effects of "Time Wizard" yet.
- In episode 18, this card appears within a series of flashbacks Joey has when he remembers all the times that this card gave him a miraculous win.
- Joey later used this card in his duel against Bonz. Joey then activated this card's effect, but the gamble failed, causing both this card and Flame Swordsman to be destroyed before Joey took damage equal to half of his destroyed monsters' ATK.
- In his duel with Bandit Keith, Joey used this monster to weaken Keith's "Barrel Dragon" and turn his "Baby Dragon" into "Thousand Dragon". However after "Barrel Dragon" was destroyed by "Thousand Dragon"'s attack Keith used "Time Machine" to avoid the Battle Damage and bring his monster back to how it was before "Time Wizard" affected it. This allowed "Barrel Dragon" to destroy "Thousand Dragon".
- During his anime-only duel against Yugi at Duelist Kingdom, Joey used this card towards the end of the duel to turn his Baby Dragon into Thousand Dragon again. However, doing so also upgraded Yugi's Dark Magician into the Dark Sage.
- In episode 34, this card appears in a flashback Joey has when he remembers first obtaining this card and when he notes that he thought he would never use this card in the end.
Legendary Heroes arcEdit
- Joey used this card again in the Legendary Heroes arc. Joey uses this card to turn the ancient flying machine's time backwards which restored it back to how it was and freed it from the earth.
- After Joey declined on taking back his "Red-Eyes B. Dragon", he takes his Deck out and explains he already prepared his Deck for the tournament and with them he is still qualified. He then takes this card out and claims he brought this card with him just in case as this is his last rare card.
- It was used once again to transform "Baby Dragon" into "Thousand Dragon" during Joey's duel with Espa Roba in the Battle City arc; however the effect failed to affect Roba's Jinzo card (due to its rust-resistant armor) and the latter destroyed Joey's Thousand Dragon shorty after.
- In episode 78, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Joey has when he starts to remember that he is a Duelist(as Marik brainwashed him into Dueling Yugi and defeating him).
- It was used again to transform "Baby Dragon" into "Thousand Dragon" during Joey's second duel with Kaiba. The effect would have weakened "Blue-Eyes", but Kaiba used "Interdimensional Matter Transporter" before this card's effect activated to remove his monster from play until the End Phase, saving it from this card's effect.
Waking the DragonsEdit
- Its final appearance was in Joey's rematch with Mai Valentine during the Waking the Dragons arc. After Joey summons this card, He then plays "The Claw of Hermos" which he then combines with this card to create the Equip Spell Card "Time Magic Hammer".
- In episode 159, this card appears in one of two flashbacks Weevil and Rex have when they remember their losses against Yugi and Joey respectively in Duelist Kingdom and declare to Dartz they want revenge against Yugi and Joey for those losses.
- In episode 161, this card is shown in a flashback that Rex has when he remembers how he lost to Joey in Duelist Kingdom.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Edit
- In episode 85, Lyndon used this card in his Ground Duel against Crow Hogan. After he Normal Summons this card, he activates its effect. He succeeds in the effect, so all of Crow's monsters are destroyed. This card remained on the field until the Duel was over.
- This card also appears in a flashback Lyndon has when he remembers his father giving him this card and telling him he should follow the path he wants to take.
- Ellison Noula uses this in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator. He can search it via "Apprentice Magician".