- In the anime, this card's ability to prevent itself from being an attack target by the opponent's monsters is depicted as this card hiding within the water.
- In episode 69, Mako Tsunami uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. He Tribute Summons this card by Tributing an unknown monster. This card then attacks Joey's "Alligator's Sword Dragon", but Joey activates "Energy Drain" to reduce this card's ATK to 0 and draw one card, however this card was unaffected by "Energy Drain" due to "Umi" being on the Field. This card then destroys "Alligator's Sword Dragon". On Mako's next turn, this card attacks and destroys Joey's "Little-Winguard". On Mako's next turn, this card attacks and destroys Joey's "Rocket Warrior". Later Mako's "Fortress Whale" attacks Joey's "Panther Warrior", but Joey activates "Magical Arm Shield" to redirect the attack to this card, destroying it instead. Later, Mako activates "Return of the Doomed" to revive this card. After Joey activates "Giant Trunade" to return all Spell and Trap Cards to their owners' hands, this card is revealed. Joey then activates "Scapegoat" to summon four Sheep Tokens. Joey then Tributes a Token so that "Panther Warrior" could attack. "Panther Warrior" then attacks and destroys this card, winning Joey the duel. After Joey wins the duel, he wins this card and "Fortress Whale" from Mako as per the Battle City Rules.
- In episode 74, this card appears within a series of flashbacks that show all of Joey's Duels in Battle City.
- In episode 78, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Joey has when he starts to remember that he is a Duelist (as Marik Ishtar brainwashed him into Dueling Yugi Muto and defeating him).
- In episode 87, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Odion. He Tribute Summons this card by Tributing "Battle Warrior". In the next episode, Odion's "Mystical Beast of Serket" attacks and destroys this card. "Mystical Beast of Serket" then gained ATK equal to half of this card's ATK.
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a series of flashbacks that Joey has when he notes to Odion that he has met many people on his way to the Battle City Finals and he kept fighting all the way no matter how grim the situation was.
- In the second above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a flashback Joey has when he mentally apologizes to Mako for letting this card be destroyed while being unable to save it from being destroyed.
- In episode 89, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Odion has when he explains that "Mystical Beast Serket" counts as three Tributes due to it absorbing three of Joey's monsters which was why he could Tribute it for the Tribute Summon "The Winged Dragon of Ra".
- In episode 108, this card appears in a flashback explained by Leichter when he reminds Seto Kaiba that his birthday gift from Gozaburo Kaiba was where all the mistakes made by Seto himself began.
- In episode 109, this card appears in a flashback Leichter has when he explains to Seto that his treachery began when Gozaburo gave him a large amount of dollars to test Seto's business skills.
- In episode 111, the Big Five use this card during their Tag Duel against Yami Yugi and Joey. Gansley Normal Summons this card without Tribute due to the effect of "A Legendary Ocean". On Gansley's next turn, Crump takes over in Gansley's place. Due to the Deck Master Ability of Nightmare Penguin, this card gains 200 ATK. This card then attacks and destroys Yugi's "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts". On Crump's next turn, this card attacks Yugi's "Mystical Elf", but Joey activates "Kunai with Chain" to switch this card to Defense Position and increase the ATK of "Alligator's Sword" by 500. On Joey's next turn, he activates "Harpie's Feather Duster" to destroy "A Legendary Ocean". "Cyber Harpie Lady" then attacks and destroys this card. "Alligator's Sword" then attacks and destroys Crump's set "Magician of Faith". This activates the Flip Effect of "Magician of Faith", allowing Crump to add "A Legendary Ocean" from his Graveyard to his hand. Crump planned to activate "A Legendary Ocean" on his next turn to regain his earlier advantage as well as activate "Monster Reborn" to revive this card. Later Yami Yugi activates "Card Destruction" to make all players discard their hand and draw a new hand.
Battle City FinalsEdit
- In episode 122, this card is shown in Joey's hand during the four way Duel between himself, Yami Yugi, Seto Kaiba, and Yami Marik.
- In episode 124, this card is shown in a flashback that Joey has when he remembers all the Duelists he faced on his way to the Battle City Finals.
- In episode 48, Trout Normal Summons this card without tribute by the effect of "Inland Sea". He then tributes it to Special Summon "The Legendary Fisherman III" from his hand.
- Krue uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator. He can summon it without tribute via "A Legendary Ocean".