- In the original Japanese Anime and Manga, the name and lore of this card was printed in English. The name written on the card in the Japanese Anime and Manga is "Saint Dragon - The God of Osiris". Slifer's attack is named "Thunder Force" 「超電導波サンダーフォース」. Slifer's effect (the attack from its second mouth) is known as "Summon Lightning Impact" 「召雷弾」 or "Lightning Blast" as named in the dub.
- The effect of this card in the anime and manga in TCG/OCG format could be:
【Divine-Beast/Effect/DIVINE/Level 10/ATK ?/DEF ?】
You must Tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon or Set this card. When this card is Normal Summon, your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards, Trap Cards, Effect Monster effects cannot be activated until the End Phase.The ATK and DEF of this card become the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When this card is Special Summoned from either player's Graveyard, it is returned to its controller's Graveyard at the End Phase of the turn. If this card is Special Summoned in Defense Position when your opponent has attacked with a monster, you may switch the attack target to this card. While this card is face-up on the field, it is Unaffected by card effects except those that come from Divine-Beast monsters,this card cannot be returned to the player hand/Deck or removed from play, its control cannot be switched, it cannot be equipped with Equip Cards.When your opponent Summons or Sets a monster, decrease its ATK or DEF by 2000, depending on its Battle Position; if the ATK or DEF of the summoned monster(s) is 0 after this effect resolves, destroy the monster(s).
- In episode 62, this card and the other two Egyptian God Cards appear during Marik's explanation. Marik explained that Yami Yugi's memories existed within the three Egyptian God Cards and whoever can own all three will become the new Pharaoh and use the Millennium Items.
- In episode 65, this card and the other two Egyptian God Cards appear in Marik's mind and his intended plan. He notes that once he gains the Millennium Puzzle and "Obelisk" by beating Yami Yugi and Kaiba, he will be able to combine the power of the three God Cards and the power of the Millennium Puzzle to gain the power of the Pharaoh.
- When Yami Yugi duels Strings, Strings summons this Egyptian God card after Strings sacrifices his three "Slime Tokens" and "Jam Breeding Machine". With two cards in Strings' hand, this Egyptian God's ATK was 2000 but Strings then activates "Pot of Greed" to make his Egyptian God's ATK 3000. This Egyptian God card's presence then made the ATK of Yugi's "Buster Blader" 3100. With 4000 ATK, Strings' Egyptian God card attacks Yugi's "Buster Blader" but Yugi uses "Lightforce Sword" to banish a card from Strings' hand for three turns which weakens this Egyptian God and Yugi's "Buster Blader" then proceeds to counterattack, but Strings uses "Jam Defender" to negate the attack and nullify the damage with "Revival Jam". Strings then uses "Card of Safe Return" to draw three cards once "Revival Jam" revives itself, making this Egyptian God card's ATK 5000. Strings' Egyptian God card then attacks and destroys Yugi's "Buster Blader". When Yugi's "Dark Magician Girl" is summoned in Defense Position, Strings activates his Egyptian God's second mouth ability to reduce Yugi's monster's DEF by 2000. The effect would have destroyed Yugi's "Dark Magician Girl" but he uses "Magical Hats" to protect her from the second mouth effect. The effect continued, but it destroyed a token. Strings then activates "Infinite Cards" to allow him to hold as many cards as he wants which in turn allowed this Egyptian God card's ATK to exceed 6000 without the hand size limit being a problem. Strings' Egyptian God now with 5000 ATK then attacks the hat that hides Yugi's "Dark Magician Girl", but Yugi activates "Magic Cylinder" and "Spellbinding Circle". First "Spellbinding Circle" reduced this Egyptian God's ATK by 700 then "Magic Cylinder" redirects this God card's attack back at it, but before the redirected attack hits the weakened the God, Strings uses "Jam Defender" and "Revival Jam" to save his Egyptian God and nullify the damage. Strings then uses the effect of "Card of Safe Return" to draw three cards. Once the turn was over, the effect of "Spellbinding Circle" expired and next turn this card now with 9000 ATK destroys Yugi's "Dark Magician Girl". Once that turn was over, the effect of "Lightforce Sword" expired, returing the card it banished back to Strings' hand. When Yugi's "Big Shield Gardna" was summoned in Defense Position, this Egyptian God's second mouth ability activates and reduces 2000 DEF from Yugi's monster. It survived, but with only 600 DEF. Strings' Egyptian God now with 11000 ATK destroys Yugi's "Big Shield Gardna". Yugi then uses "Monster Reborn" to revive his "Buster Blader" whose ATK became 3100 through its own effect, but this activates Strings' "Card of Safe Return", letting Strings draw three cards which in turn raised this Egyptian God card's ATK to 14000. Also because Yugi summons a monster in Attack Position, this Egyptian God card's second mouth ability reduced the ATK of Yugi's "Buster Blader" to 1100. Yugi's "Buster Blader" then attacks Strings' Egyptian God card, but Strings once again uses "Jam Defender" to have "Revival Jam" take the hit with it reviving shortly after. String then uses "Card of Safe Return" to draw three more cards, raising his Egyptian God card's ATK to 17000. Yugi then activates "Brain Control", but Strings protests that a card like that won't work on an Egyptian God, however Yugi states he is using "Brain Control" on "Revival Jam" not this card. Strings tries to win by attacking this card, but Yugi reminds him that his Egyptian God has to use its second mouth effect on any new monster that just got placed onto Yugi's side of the field. Because of that, this Egyptian God card's second mouth ability activates, destroying "Revival Jam" as the latter's DEF is less than 2000, but the effect of "Revival Jam" regenerates it shortly after. This activates the effect of "Card of Safe Return", forcing Strings to draw three new cards. This created an infinite loop which continued until Strings ran out of cards to draw, causing him to lose the Duel. As per the Battle City Rules, Yugi won this card from Marik's mental slave.
- In episode 74, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he reminds Kaiba that he saw a Rare Hunter being possessed by Marik.
- When Yugi had to duel against a Marik-controlled Joey, Marik ordered the stakes of the duel. One of which is that Yugi is forbidden from using this card in their duel. Yugi had no intention of using it due to it being so dangerous. Yugi reveals he keeps his won cards in a belt. After taking "Red-Eyes B. Dragon" from the case in the belt, Marik ordered Yugi to throw the belt onto the ground. Marik did this so that way if he wins or when the timer runs out, this card will not be dragged down with Yugi. However despite all this, Yugi manages to snap Joey out of it, removing Marik out of the duel for good. Yugi and Joey then proceeded to end the Duel in a draw. After Yugi, Joey, and Tea are saved, Yugi takes back the belt containing this card.
- As the Kaiba Corp. blimp takes off, Yugi and Yami Yugi are shown looking at this card. Yugi notes that if they want to win the tournament, they will have to place this card into his Deck. Yugi places this card into his Deck before he leaves.
- In episode 81, this card appears in Yami Yugi's thoughts when he notes that the Battle City Finals will be a clash against the three Egyptian God Cards.
- When Yugi duels Yami Bakura, Yugi summons this Egyptian God card by tributing "Dark Magician Girl", "Big Shield Gardna" and "Gamma The Magnet Warrior". Since Yugi has three cards in his hand, this Egyptian God card has 3000 ATK. Bakura tries to use the effect of his "Dark Sanctuary" on this card but it didn't work on Yugi's Egyptian God card. Just when Yugi's Egyptian God attcks Bakura directly, Yami Bakura turns back to Ryo Bakura thanks to Marik's Millennium Rod and Yugi became hesitant on attacking but Yami Bakura took back control of Bakura's body as he did not want to lose his host. Yugi's Egyptian God then attacks Bakura directly, winning Yugi the duel.
- In episode 85, this card can be seen when Yugi is rebuilding his Deck. Yugi later picks this card up and notes in his mind that he couldn't have won his first Duel in the Battle City Finals without it. After a while, Yugi meets Shadi again who explains the backstory of the Egyptian God Cards and their creation by Pegasus.
- This card would later appear in Shadi's backstory which relates to Pegasus creating the Egyptian God Cards and what he did with them after. After first painting the artwork for the Egyptian Gods, Pegasus entered a dream where he saw the Gods bringing chaos upon Egypt and Shadi explained to Pegasus the danger he has just created. Upon waking, Pegasus realized that he has enraged to Gods. After Pegasus created the three God Cards, he placed them in a briefcase and decided to take them back to Egypt. He then gave the God Cards to Ishizu who sealed them away.
- In episode 96, this card appears in a flashback Yami Marik has when he remembers Yami Yugi defeating him with this card. Yami Marik notes that left him unconscious and that prevented Yami Bakura from seeing Yami Marik defeating Mai with "The Winged Dragon of Ra".
- In episode 97, this card appears on Kaiba's computer when he finds out about Ra's Instant Attack special ability.
- This card also appears within Kaiba's mind when he notes off the Egyptian God Cards and who owns them currently.
- This card also appears in Kaiba's thoughts when he learns that most Trap Cards don't work on the Egyptian God Cards and that Spell Cards affect them for only one turn.
- In episode 119, this card is shown in one of the Déjà vu sequences that Noah temporarily traps Yugi and his friends in. It is shown in the Déjà vu sequence that showed the Duel between Yugi and Strings.
- In episode 120, this card appears in a flashback that Kaiba has when he remembers Yugi's Duel with Strings and how Yugi felt that he nearly lost himself in the sea of memory when he was on the verge of losing.
Battle City FinalsEdit
- In episode 122, this card is shown in a flashback that Kaiba has when he states that now is the time to decide who the true winner of Battle City is.
- In episode 123, this card is shown in a flashback that Ishizu has when she remembers first putting on the Millennium Necklace and seeing events that will happen in the future. This card is also shown when Kaiba formulates to himself his plan on defeating Yugi and Yami Marik, winning their respective Egyptian Gods Cards("Slifer the Sky Dragon" and The Winged Dragon of Ra"), and becoming the number one Duelist once again.
- When Yugi duels Seto Kaiba, Kaiba takes this card from Yugi's Deck and adds it to his hand via "Lullaby of Obedience". Yugi then activates "Exchange" to take this card from Kaiba and add it to his hand. Kaiba then took "Life Shaver" from Yugi's hand as per the effect of "Exchange". Yugi summons this Egyptian God card by tributing his "Queen's Knight", "King's Knight" and "Jack's Knight". This Egyptian God's ATK became 3000 due to Yugi having 3 cards in his hand. Yugi then attacks Kaiba's "XYZ-Dragon Cannon" but Kaiba uses "Interdimensional Matter Transporter" to negate the attack and remove his monster from play until the End Phase. Once Yugi sets a card face-down, this Egyptian God card's ATK decreased to 2000. Once Yugi ended his turn, Kaiba's monster returned to the field and Kaiba then tributed it to summon "Obelisk the Tormentor". This activates this Egyptian God's second mouth ability, decreasing the ATK of Kaiba's "Obelisk the Tormentor" to 2000 which lasted until Kaiba ended his turn. After activating "Pot of Greed" to draw two cards and increase his Egyptian God card's ATK to 5000, Yugi's Egyptian God card attacks Kaiba's "Obelisk the Tormentor", but Kaiba uses "Command Silencer" to negate the attack and allow him to draw a card. Yugi's Egyptian God's ATK then decreased to 3000 when Yugi set two cards face-down. When Kaiba's "Obelisk the Tormentor" tries to attack, Yugi activates "Card Destruction" to make both players discard their hand and redraw a new one. Yugi then activates "Disgraceful Charity" to make both players add all the cards they discarded this turn back to their hand, making his Egyptian God card's ATK 6000. Kaiba then activates "Thirst for Compensation" to Special Summon two monsters from his hand ("Blade Knight" and "Sword of Soul"). This activates Yugi's Egyptian God's second mouth ability, but Kaiba uses "Card Guard" to protect his two monsters from being destroyed this turn. Kaiba then tributes his monsters to activate the effect of "Obelisk the Tormentor", inflicting 4000 points of damage to Yugi, but not destroying Yugi's Egyptian God due to its effect. However, Yugi discards "Kuriboh" to negate the damage that would have been inflicted to him, saving him from losing the duel. This in turn also causes his Egyptian God's ATK to decrease to 5000. Yugi's Egyptian God then attacks Kaiba's "Obelisk the Tormentor", but Kaiba uses "Power Balance" to discard half of the cards in Yugi's hand and allow Kaiba to draw the same amount. Yugi then activates "Necromancy" to Special Summon four random monsters from Kaiba's Graveyard in Defense Position ("Blade Knight", "Sword of Soul", "Kaiser Sea Horse" and "X-Head Cannon"). This activates Yugi's Egyptian God's second mouth ability, destroying all the monsters that were just summoned as all four had at most 2000 DEF. This also activates another effect of "Necromancy", decreasing the ATK of Kaiba's "Obelisk the Tormentor" by 600 for each monster destroyed until the End Phase, decreasing the latter Egyptian God's ATK to 1600, but Kaiba activates the effect of his "Sword of Soul" to increases his Egyptian God's ATK to 2600 until the End Phase, but Yugi activates the effect of his "Electromagnetic Turtle" in the Graveyard to end the Battle Phase and save his Egyptian God. When Yugi sets a card face-down, his Egyptian God card's ATK then became 2000. On the next turn, the ATK of Kaiba's "Obelisk the Tormentor" has returned to normal. "Obelisk" then attacks Yugi's Egyptian God card but Yugi activates "Spell Textbook", discarding his entire hand to draw a card and the card he drew was "Card of Sanctity" which then activates immediately due to the other effect of "Spell Textbook", thus both players draw until they have six cards in their hand and Yugi's Egyptian God's ATK increases to 6000, but Kaiba activates "Life Shaver". Since "Life Shaver" was face-down for two turns, the effect forces Yugi to discard two cards from his hand, making his Egyptian God card's ATK 4000. The attack continues, resulting in both Egyptian Gods being destroyed as they had equal ATK.
- In episode 135, this card is seen in a series of flashbacks that Yugi has when he notes to himself that his rivalry with Kaiba allowed him to fight harder and reach new heights.
- In episode 136, this card appears in a flashback that Yami Marik has when he remembers the Duel Yugi and Kaiba had at the tower and notes that his Millennium Rod showed them a vision of their past by its own will after Slifer and Obelisk were destroyed in a Double KO.
- Before the Duel between Yami Yugi and Yami Marik begins, this card appears in Joey's thoughts when he explains to his friends that it is going to be tough for Yugi to summon his two God Cards out onto the field since he must Tribute a total of six monsters to get them both out while Yami Marik can summon his God Card far more easily since he has many strategies in summoning it through other means besides the standard Tributing means.
- When Yami Yugi (with Yugi Muto) duels Yami Marik (with Marik Ishtar), Yugi summons this Egyptian God monster by tributing his "Queen's Knight", "King's Knight" and "Jack's Knight". Yugi's God card's ATK then became 6000 due to Yugi having 6 cards in his hand. It then attacks Marik's "Juragedo" but Marik uses "Dark Spell Regeneration" to activate his "Monster Reborn" from Yugi's Graveyard, allowing him to summon "The Winged Dragon of Ra" in Egyptian God Phoenix Mode. This activates Yugi's Egyptian God's second mouth ability, but it didn't work on Marik's "The Winged Dragon of Ra". Marik then pays 1000 Life Points to activate the Egyptian God Phoenix's effect which destroys this monster. Later when Marik tries to use the same effect again to destroy Yugi's "Obelisk the Tormentor", Yugi activates his own "Monster Reborn" to revive this Egyptian God card and have it intercept the Phoenix's effect, destroying this Egyptian God monster, but saving Yugi's "Obelisk the Tormentor". Later, Yugi banishes this card via "Ragnarok". This card was then shown as one of the many monsters that were used to hold down Yami Marik's "The Winged Dragon of Ra".
- In episode 140, this card appears in a flashback that Yami Yugi has when he remembers his Duel with Strings as well as "Revival Jam" which caused a great amount of problems for him in that Duel.
- In episode 144, this card appears in a flashback Téa has when she remembers the gang seeing the Gods cards for the first time on the Battle Ship. This card is also shown in another flashback Téa has when she remembers Yugi winning the Battle City Tournament and winning all three Egyptian God Cards.
Waking the DragonsEdit
- After Battle City becomes over, Yugi goes to the Tablet of Lost Memories in the Domino Museum to finish his quest on finding the Pharaoh's lost memories. He holds the three God Cards in front of the tablet while wearing his Millennium Puzzle to try to open a doorway into the past, but thanks to Dartz, the tablet becomes encased in ice and the Gods are weakened down.
- The God Cards are later stolen by Valon, Rafael, and Alister during the night while Yugi's grandfather was dusting them off and guarding them. Yugi and his friends demand them back, but the three Swordsmen refuse. Rafael claims to Yugi if he wants them back then he has to Duel them at the Construction Site. Rafael gives "Obelisk" to Gurimo before the gang confront the Swordsmen. Gurimo then proceeds in Dueling Yugi.
- Gurimo, in the end, loses to Yugi. Before his soul is taken, he tosses "Obelisk" to Rafael. Yugi demands the God Cards back, but Rafael just releases Rex and Weevil's souls before he and his allies get away.
- Rafael gives the God Cards to Dartz who then places them in the mouths of three snake statues. The statues then drain out the power of the God Cards and transfer the drained power to the Great Leviathan as well as link the real world with the Duel Monsters Spirit World, allowing the Great Leviathan to absorb both human souls and Duel Spirits to become stronger.
- In episode 148, this card appears in Dartz's lair. It was shown in the mouth of a snake statue where its power was being drained out and transferred to the Great Leviathan.
- After Yami Yugi defeats Dartz in a Duel, he takes this card and the other two Egyptian God Cards back.
- In episode 183, Yami Yugi uses this card in the battle against The Great Leviathan. Right after getting all three Gods out, they release the three chosen Duelists from the Leviathan's grasp. The Gods then attack the Leviathan, but it doesn't injure it. The Leviathan than attacks, but Yami Yugi declares the attack names of all three Gods. The Gods then attack the Leviathan simultaneously, creating one gigantic attack that destroys the Leviathan and Dartz as well as free the souls that the Leviathan had captured.
- While Yugi and Yami Yugi are relaxing at the edge of a nearby lake, Yugi takes his Deck out and then takes the three Egyptian God Cards out of his Deck. He notes that he is happy that the three Egyptian God Cards are under their possession again.
- In episode 196, this card is shown within Leon's backstory flashback when he is shown watching Yugi's Duels on television.
Dawn of the DuelEdit
- In episode 199, this card appears in a flashback Yugi has when he remembers trying to use the Gods Cards with the stone tablet to help find Yami Yugi's true memories only for it to fail due to the interference of Dartz. Yugi notes that it will work this time since he believes that there is nothing that will stop them from trying to find Yami Yugi's memories.
- After explaining to Yugi how he got the box that held the pieces of the Millennium Puzzle, Solomon Muto asks to see the Gods cards again. Yugi gives his grandfather the box that held the Millennium Puzzle. Solomon takes them out and notes that he really wants them, but Yugi goes over and tries to take them back because he won't give them away. Solomon tries to tell Yugi that he wants to have them so he can try and sell them or show them off, but Yugi refuses to let that happen. Yugi takes the Gods Cards back and reminds him that Yami Yugi needs them in order to find his memories and they're too dangerous to be in anybody else's possession.
- That night, Rex and Weevil try to steal the God Cards in order to have them for themselves. They take the duffel bag where the God Cards and the Millennium Items are, but are unable to find the God Cards. Yami Bakura arrives and knocks out both Rex and Weevil before taking the Millennium Ring for himself. Yugi arrives and Yami Bakura just tosses the duffel bag back to him. Yugi finds the God Cards still safe within the box, but demands the ring back, but Yami Bakura refuses, saying he needs it. After a conversation between Yami Yugi and Yami Bakura, the latter leaves with the ring.
- In episode 200, this card appears in a flashback Kaiba has when he realizes that the vision he had was almost like the vision he and Yugi had back at Battle City when their Egyptian Gods' attacks collided with so much energy that they created a vision of ancient Egypt for both of them to see.
- After Yugi and the gang get to Egypt and the ancient tablet, Yami Yugi takes the God Cards out. He then holds them out in front of the tablet. Both the Millennium Puzzle and the tablet then glow. Yami Yugi's spirit then comes out of Yugi's body and into the light, taking him back to ancient Egypt to relearn what his true memories were(Unbeknownst to Yami Yugi, Yami Bakura also followed him to ancient Egypt with him due to part of himself being in the Millennium Puzzle).
- Yami Yugi summons this monster to battle Bakura's Diabound while chasing him down through the city, but Bakura is able to weaken and destroy it by having a corrupted Aknadin attack the stone tablet housing Slifer's spirit.
- In episode 216, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he notes to himself that Yami Bakura was probably right about his revival being the thing that caused all of the bad events that had recently happened.
- Yami Yugi summons the three Egyptian Gods to fight Zorc after he is revived. Although they defeat him successfully at first. Zorc gets back up at full strength and turns the Egyptian Gods into stone, rendering them useless. Later Yami Yugi regains his real name (Atem) and his father tells him to call forth the light that will swallow the darkness. Yami Yugi then calls for the three Egpytian Gods to revive themselves. This causes the Egyptian God cards within Yugi's Deck to come out and revive the Egyptian Gods themselves. Atem then combines all three gods to form The Creator God of Light, Horakhty. The Creator God of Light then attacks and destroys Zorc once and for all.
- In the anime, this card takes part in the final battle between Atem and Yugi, and in both the anime and manga is Atem's final summoned monster before the duel ends. In the manga, it was discarded to summon "The Tricky]" and was later brought back with "Monster Reborn" when Yugi attacked Atem directly with his "Silent Magician LV0". In the anime, Atem summons this card with "Summoning Clock". Yugi then used "Ambush Shield" to prevent this card from destroying "Silent Swordsman LV0" since this card had 3000 ATK. After Atem summons Ra, Atem plays "Pot of Greed" to draw two cards, increasing this card's ATK to 3000. This card's second mouth effect activates when Yugi summons "Valkyrion", but Yugi used "Mirage Spell" to negate the effect and increase his Life Points by the same amount of points his monster would have lost. Once it was Atem's turn, this card's ATK became 4000. Atem then had this card destroy "Silent Swordsman LV0" while he had "Ra" destroy "Valkyrion" however Yugi used "Mirage Ruler" to bring back his monsters and return his Life Points to how they were before Atem attacked at the cost of paying 1000 Life Points. This card's effect activated when Yugi tributed his "Valkyrion" to summon back his three Magnet Warriors, but Yugi used "Magnet Force" to redirect the effect at the Egyptian Gods, decreasing their ATK by 2000. Yugi then attacked "Obelisk" with "Silent Swordsman LV0", but Atem activated "Mirror Force" to destroy all of Yugi's monsters. However Yugi reveals he wanted that to happen. Yugi then used "Magnet Reverse" to bring back "Valkyrion" in Defense Position. This activates this card's effect, but "Magnet Force" redirects the effect at Obelisk, destroying it. Yugi then tributes his "Valkyrion" to summon back his three Magnet Warriors, forcing this card's effect to activate again. Since "Magnet Force" was still active, the effect backfires with two blasts hitting Ra and the last one hitting Slifer , destroying both of them. Later Atem brings this card back with "Monster Reborn", but when he did it was different in the anime compared to the manga. In the manga, he did it when "Silent Magician" attacked him directly while in the anime, he activated it after "Dark Magician" was destroyed by "Silent Magician LV0"'s counterattack and "Dark Magician Girl" was destroyed by the effect of "Magicians Unite". Also in the manga this card had 6000 ATK when it was brought back since Atem used no cards in his hand while in the anime it had 4000 ATK since Atem used "Magicians Unite" to save his Life Points and "Monster Reborn" to bring this card back. He believed he would win since his monster had more ATK than Silent Magician and there was seemingly nothing Yugi could do to stop his attack until Yugi revealed what the card he removed from play with Gold Sarcophagus's effect. He then revealed that the card removed from play was "Monster Reborn" (to Atem's shock). Since Atem played the same card that Yugi removed from play with "Gold Sarcophagus"'s effect, the effect of Atem's card was negated, meaning that this card goes back to the Graveyard. After that Yugi attacked Atem directly with "Silent Magician LV0", winning him the duel.
- Slifer re-appears in Yu-Gi-Oh! R, used by Yugi on his first duel against Yako Tenma. Yakou summoned "The Wicked Avatar" and it adopted Slifer's shape. Slifer launched the attack from its second mouth immediately, but it had no effect on the Avatar. To the surprise of Yugi and his friends, the Avatar's attack destroyed Slifer with ease. Yami Yugi later uses "Slifer" to defeat Card Professor Cedar Mill.
- In episode 18, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Syrus Truesdale has when he notes to Jaden Yuki all the accomplishments that Yugi made in Duelist Kingdom and Battle City.
- In episode 179, this card is seen on a flyer that Jaden reads about Yugi winning the Battle City Tournament.
- In episode 180, Yugi uses this card in his Duel against Jaden Yuki. He discards this card from the top of his Deck to the Graveyard due to the effect of Jaden's "Hero's Guild". Yami Yugi later used "Dark Renewal" to Summon this card by using the effect of the "Code Change" that Jaden had activated and that Yugi had sealed in "Mystical Refpanel" to allow "Dark Renewal" to Summon a Divine-Beast-Type card, instead of a Spellcaster-Type. Since Yami Yugi had five cards in his hand, this card's ATK becomes 5000. Using "Dark Renewal" to bring out this card to replace "Dark Magician Girl" causes a replay to occur and Jaden chooses not to attack with "Elemental HERO Shining Flare Wingman". Jaden then attacks this card with "Elemental HERO Neos", but what happens after that is unknown.
- In episode 121, this card appears in a flashback.
Though the effect varies somewhat from game to game, Slifer's effect usually includes most of the following elements.
You must Tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon this card. The Normal Summon of this card cannot be negated. When this card is Normal Summoned, card effects cannot be activated. The ATK and DEF of this card become equal to the number of cards in your hand x 1000. This card cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Effect Monsters. When your opponent Normal or Flip Summons a monster with 2000 DEF or less, destroy that monster.
- This card was shown in the simulation duel shown in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light. When Kaiba gets out his "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon" and doubles its ATK with "Megamorph", Yugi tributes this monster and "Ra" to activate "Obelisk"'s effect, destroying Kaiba's monster and inflicting 4000 points of damage to his Life Points, causing him to lose the duel.
- Later in the above-mentioned movie, Yugi uses this card in his actual duel with Kaiba in the above mentioned movie. Yugi summons this monster by tributing his "Queen's Knight", "King's Knight", and "Jack's Knight". Since Yugi had three cards in his hand, this card's ATK and DEF became 3000. He then had this card destroy Kaiba's "Rare Metal Dragon". Kaiba then played "Obligatory Summon" to force Yugi to summon "Obelisk" and "Ra". Kaiba then activated "Pyramid of Light" to remove all three Gods from play. Later, Kaiba wanted a perfect victory by using Yugi's own Egyptian Gods against him. He tried to destroy "Pyramid of Light" with "Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon"'s Shining Nova effect, but it didn't work due to Anubis' interference. Anubis then took over the duel. Yami later sensed a weakness in the "Pyramid" thanks to Yugi. Yami then used "Double Spell" to use Kaiba's Monster Reborn" to revive "Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon". Yami then activates the "Dragon"'s Shining Nova effect to destroy "Pyramid of Light". This time the effect succeeds as not only was the "Pyramid of Light" destroyed, but so were Anubis' two monsters. Anubis then summoned "Theinen the Great Sphinx". Yami then used "Reverse of Reverse" to activate Kaiba's "Return from the Different Dimension" as if it were his own card. This allowed Yami to bring back his Egyptian Gods. Yami then tributed this card and "Ra" to activate "Obelisk"'s effect, destroying "Theinen" and wiping out the remainder of Anubis' Life Points.