- This card's first manga appearance was in chapter 10.
- While Yami Yugi was dueling Seto Kaiba in the Yu-Gi-Oh! first series anime and manga, Yugi set this monster. It was destroyed by Kaiba's "Battle Ox".
- In episode 35, two copies of this card are some of the weak monsters that Chazz Princeton rescued from the Reject Well.
- In episode 131, this card is shown in a flashback explained by Chancellor Sheppard when he explains to Jaden Yuki's friends about Jaden's relation to "Yubel". Jaden is shown using this card during his Duel against Osamu. Osamu uses this card during his Duel against Jaden. After Osamu activates "Perfect Counter Code 123" to negate the summon of "Yubel" and destroy it, Osamu uses this card, "Clown Zombie", and "Dragon Zombie" to attack directly and win him the duel.
- In episode 150, this card is shown in a flashback Jaden has when a memory bubble hits him and he sees himself as a child. Jaden notes that Yubel brought him, his friends, and his allies to the alternate dimension for a reason.
- In episode 153, this card is seen in a flashback Jaden has when he recognizes Osamu.
- In episode 70, Haley uses this card during his Ground Duel against Leo. He discards this card as per the effect of "Circle of Terror" in order to allow himself to summon monsters this turn. This activates the effect of "Hollow Ghost", inflicting 600 damage to Leo.
- In episode 118, this card is shown when Yoshizo Hayashi shows his Deck to Yusei Fudo.
- This card also appears in a flashback Yusei has when he wondered why Yoshizo's Deck was full of Normal Monsters.
- In episode 119, this card is shown in Taro Yamashita's backstory when he was shown building the Deck that he and his friends would use for the World Racing Grand Prix.
- This card also appears in a flashback Yusei has when he notes all the monsters owned by Team Taiyo are Normal Monsters.
- In episode 120, two copies of this card appear in a flashback Jinbei Tanigawa has when he reminds himself that he and his friends believe in their battling style.
- This card also appears in a flashback Luna has when she notes to her friends that Team Taiyo don't have any cards for a secret strategy.
- This card appears in Paradox's explanation when he tells Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei that the reason why he came to the past was so that he could prevent his own bad future from happening. Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei disagreed with going along with Paradox's plan as Paradox's actions will destroy and ruin their eras in time since they revolved around Duel Monsters.
- Bawnji uses 3 copies of "Skull Servant" and many Zombie-Type skeletons in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force. He can use it with "The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion" to Summon "Flame Ghost" or "Zombie Warrior". When it's in his Graveyard, he can use it to help power up "King of the Skull Servants".
- This card is an opponent in the first Duel World in Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008. He uses a Zombie deck. He is also the first opponent in Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2006 and among the first in World Championship mode in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator.