- Rex Raptor won this card as a prize for the finalists of the Regional tournament.
- This card's attack is called Nightmare Shadow Sonic in the original.
- In episode 11, Rex Raptor uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. After summoning this card, Rex uses this card to attack and destroy Joey's "Flame Swordsman". This card later attacks "Swamp Battleguard", but since "Swamp Battleguard" gained ATK from the Field Power Bonus and the presence of "Lava Battleguard", "Swamp Battleguard" destroys this card.
- In episode 56, this card is shown on Seeker's laptop when he was researching the Battle City participants and trying to figure out whom he should duel first. This card is shown to be Rex's rarest card.
- In episode 58, Rex uses this card during his Duel against Espa Roba. This card then attacks "Jinzo" directly, but Espa activates "Mesmeric Control" to negate the attack and lower its ATK by 800. "Jinzo" then attacks and destroys this card, winning Espa the duel. As per the Battle City rules, Rex forfeits this card to Roba as it was his rarest card.
- In episode 108, this card appears in a flashback explained by Leichter when he reminds Seto Kaiba that his birthday gift from Gozaburo Kaiba was where all the mistakes made by Seto himself began.
- In episode 109, this card appears in a flashback Leichter has when he explains to Seto that his treachery began when Gozaburo gave him a large amount of dollars to test Seto's business skills.