- In episode 43, this card appears on the rack of cards that Yugi Muto, Joey Wheeler, and Mokuba Kaiba pass by while they are going through a town.
- In episode 51, Bandit Keith uses this card during his Duel against Yugi Muto while the former was possessed by Marik Ishtar. He uses this card to negate Yugi's "Magical Hats" (which was a Magic Card in the anime) and destroy it as well as reveal Yugi's "Dark Magician".
- In episode 53, this card appears on a poster that Yami Yugi and Téa Gardner read when they find a game store that was selling Duel Monster cards.
- In episode 85, this card can be seen when Yugi is rebuilding his Deck.
- In the dub, the card is replaced with "Black Illusion Ritual".
- In episode 87, Odion uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. When Joey activates "Scapegoat" in response to Odion attacking with his three "Embodiment of Apophis", Odion activates this card to negate the effect of "Scapegoat" and destroy it. Two "Embodiments of Apophis" then attack and destroy "Alligator's Sword" and "Rocket Warrior". The third "Embodiment of Apophis" then attacks directly.
- In episode 106, this card can be seen when Duke Devlin, Tristan Taylor, and Serenity Wheeler were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against Nezbitt.
- In episode 108, this card can be seen when Seto Kaiba was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Leichter.
- In episode 40, Abidos the Third uses this card during his Duel against Jaden Yuki. When Jaden activates "R - Righteous Justice" to destroy "The First Sarcophagus", Abidos activates this card to negate the effect of "R - Righteous Justice" and destroy it by discarding "Pharaoh's Servant" from his hand.
- This card appears in the second version of the Japanese opening song 99%.
- In episode 82, the Guard Robot uses this card during its Ground Duel against Yusei Fudo. When Yusei activates "Blind Spot Strike" to increase the ATK of "Drill Synchron" by the DEF of "Lock Dragon" until the End Phase, the Guard Robot activates this card to negate the effect of "Blind Spot Strike" and destroy it by discarding "Barrel Behind the Door". "Counter Force" then gained a Charge Counter due to its own effect, which gives "Counter Force" a total of three Charge Counters.
- Chazz Princeton, Bastion Misawa, Zane Truesdale, Lyman Banner, Atticus Rhodes, Camula, Para, Yasmin, Deloge and Sanzyudai Yuki use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force.