During the Battle City and Virtual World arcs, this card's name is "Tiny Guardian" in the English dub.
- In episode 63, Joey Wheeler uses this card during his Duel against Weevil Underwood. He Normal Summons this card in Attack Position. Due to the effect of Weevil's "Reckless Parasite", this card is turned into an Insect-type monster. This card then attacks Weevil's "Larvae Moth" (which was equipped with "Cocoon of Evolution"), but Weevil activates "Insect Barrier" to prevent all of Joey's Insect monsters from attacking. On Joey's next turn, he switches his monsters to Defense Position. In the next episode, Joey switches his monsters to Attack Position in order to get Weevil to attack with "Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth", which succeeds for Joey's next plan. Later "Insect Queen" (whose ATK was 3200 via its own effect) attacks and destroys this card. The third effect of "Insect Queen" then Special Summons an "Insect Monster Token".
- In episode 69, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Mako Tsunami. He sets this card in Defense Position. "The Legendary Fisherman" then attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 86, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Odion. He Normal Summons this card in Attack Position. Later Joey activates "Giant Trunade" to return all Spell and Trap Cards to their owners' hands, but Odion activates "Judgment of Anubis" to negate "Giant Trunade" and destroy it. After that happens, "Judgment of Anubis" destroys all of Joey's monsters and inflicts half their ATK as damage to Joey.
- This card also appears in Joey's thoughts when he formulates a winning strategy.
- In episode 104, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Johnson. He Normal Summons this card in Attack Position. Joey then activates the Deck Master Ability of "Flame Swordsman" to decrease its ATK by 300 and increase this card's ATK by the same amount. This card then attacks and destroys Johnson's set "Skelengel". This activates the latter's Flip Effect, allowing Johnson to draw one card. On Joey's next turn, "Gearfried the Iron Knight" attacks "Mystical Elf", but Johnson activates the Deck Master ability of "Judge Man" to destroy all of Joey's monsters and inflict 1500 damage to Joey (500 for each monster destroyed this way).
- This card can also be seen when Joey was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Johnson.
- In episode 110, this card is one of the five monsters Joey summoned to keep Gansley, Crump, Johnson, and Leichter busy while he, Serenity, Duke, and Tristan try to escape. This card is destroyed by Johnson (who was in the form of "Judge Man").
Battle City Finals
- In episode 124, this card is shown in a flashback that Joey has when he remembers all the Duelists he faced on his way to the Battle City Finals.
- In episode 126, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Yami Marik. He Normal Summons this card in Defense Position. "Legendary Fiend" (whose ATK was 2200 after its effect was applied once) then attacks and destroys this card. The effect of Marik's "Coffin Seller" then activates, inflicting 300 damage to Joey.
- In episode 135, this card can be seen in Joey's hand during his Duel against Seto Kaiba. In the next episode, Joey Normal Summons this card in Attack Position. He then activates "Legendary Sword" in order to equip it onto this card, but Kaiba activates "Absorb Spell" to change the target of "Legendary Sword" to "Blade Knight", increasing its ATK and DEF by 300. On Kaiba's next turn, he activates "Enemy Controller" to pay 1000 Life Points and take control of this card. After Kaiba activates "Cost Down" to reduce the level of all monsters on his field and hand by two until the End Phase, he Tributes this card in order to Tribute Summon "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".
- In episode 187, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Solomon Muto while the latter was disguised as Apdnarg Otum. He Normal Summons this card in Attack Position. After "Wandering Mummy" destroys "Swordsman of Landstar" in battle due to Joey's "Graceful Dice" and "Skull Dice" being negated by the effect of "The Legendary Gambler", Joey activates this card's effect to switch it to Defense Position. Later "Ancient Giant" attacks and destroys this card.
- This is the only time in the series that this card's effect had been activated.
- In chapter 7, Katsuya Jonouchi uses this card during his Duel against Pete Coppermine. Jonouchi Normal Summons this card in Defense Position on the first turn. Later, this card is attacked by Coppermine's "Mutant Mindmaster". This card is then targeted by "Mutant Mindmaster's" effect, allowing Coppermine to take control of it for the turn and attack directly. The next turn, Joey Tributes this card to Tribute Summon "Divine Knight Ishzark".
- In episode 157, a Ra Yellow student summons this card during his duel against an Obelisk Blue student. Shortly after this card is summoned, the Obelisk Blue student activates "Trap Hole" to destroy this card.
- This card appears in the GX Japanese closing song, Borderline Battle.
- Joey Wheeler used this card during his Duel against an anonymous kid. He Tributes this card, "Rocket Warrior", and "Baby Dragon" in order to Tribute Summon "Gilford the Lightning".
- In the non-canon duel North American WCQ 2012 Special: Joey vs. Kaiba, Joey Normal Summons this card in Defense Mode. The next turn, it is destroyed by battle by Kaiba's "Blue-Eyes White Dragon".