- Joey uses this card in his duel against Mako Tsunami. When Mako declares an attack on Joey's Panther Warrior with his Fortress Whale, Joey activated Kunai with Chain and Lightning Blade, raising Panther Warrior's ATK to 3300. Fortress Whale was then destroyed by the counterattack and Mako was left with 150 Life Points (Fortress Whale received a 200 point boost because of Umi and in the show, Lightning Blade did not decrease the ATK of Water monsters by 500). This card later returned back to Joey's hand because of "Giant Trunade".
- In episode 74, this card appears within a series of flashbacks that show all of Joey's Duels in Battle City.
- In episode 124, this card is shown in a flashback that Joey has when he remembers all the Duelists he faced on his way to the Battle City Finals.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! R Yugi can be seen using Lightning Blade Spell Card in two duels against Deschutes Lew and Gekkou Tenma.
- Reginald Van Howell III uses this card during his duel with Chazz Princeton. It was equipped onto "Armed Samurai - Ben Kei" along with "Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade". This card then increased "Ben Kei"'s ATK by 800. This card played no other part in the duel after that.
- An Obelisk Blue student is shown using this card in his duel against Lucien Grimley. This card along with the other cards on the Obelisk Blue's field are destroyed by "Slash Draw", winning Lucien the Duel.
- This card appears in Episode 157.