- This card was shown as a Trap Card in the Japanese version, though it was treated as one in both versions. The card itself was similar in function to a Trap Monster, as it Summoned a Monster with 2100 attack and 1000 defense. When it battled, it reduced the opposing Monster's ATK to its original value.
- In the international anime, the spot this card was hiding under had a spider symbol on it.
- In episode 19, Dox sets this card during his Tag Duel with Para against Yami Yugi and Joey Wheeler. In the next episode, Dox activates this card when Joey's "Axe Raider" stepped on the space where this card was on, which caused this card to pop out and attack "Axe Raider". Due to this card's effect, the ATK of "Axe Raider" is reduced to its original value. This card then destroys "Axe Raider". Yami Yugi then activates "Mystic Box" to force "Dark Magician" and this card to swap places. After that was done, "Mystic Box" destroys this card.
- In episode 46, this card is shown on some TV monitors that were showing the Duels that occurred in Duelist Kingdom.
- In episode 8, a Jirai Gumo attacks Téa Gardner's Capsule Shooter, preventing her from using her "Dark Witch". She destroys it using her newly-acquired "Seiyaryu".
- In episode 10, Para uses this card during his Tag Duel with Dox against Jaden Yuki and Syrus Truesdale. He summons this card on the second turn of the duel. On Dox's turn, he activates "Tribute Doll" to Tribute this card and Special Summon "Kazejin". On Para's next turn, he activates "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. He then activates "Tribute Doll" to Tribute this card and Special Summon "Suijin".
- In episode 6, Bolt Tanner uses this card during his Ground Duel against Tenzen Yanagi. He discards this card in order to activate "Cost Down".
- In episode 7, Bolt Tanner uses this card during his Ground Duel against Yusei Fudo while the latter was using Yanagi's Deck. He Normal Summons this card on the first turn of the Duel. On Tanner's next turn, he Tributes this card in order to Tribute Summon "Ushi Oni".
- This card also appears in a flashback Tanner has when he notes that after he lost to Jack, he quit being a professional Duelist, but he didn't abandon Dueling. He then apparently began competing in underground Duels and barely pulled off victories. Tanner uses this card during an underground Ground Duel against an unknown opponent. He uses this card to attack and destroy his opponent's "Battle Ox".
- In episode 85, a brainwashed student under Girag's control uses this card during the Battle Royal between Yuma Tsukumo, Shark, and Rio Kastle and the brainwashed students. The brainwashed students all attack Yuma directly with their monsters, but Alito activates "Lightning Clinch" to negate the attacks. Alito then activates "Brain Reboot" to return all monsters on the field to their owners' hand and inflict 500 damage to his opponents equal to the combined Levels of the monsters returned to their hand by this effect x 500, defeating the brainwashed students.
- In episode 86, this card appears in a flashback Yuma has when he wonders if Alito got injured when he defended Yuma against the brainwashed students.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2004, Weevil Underwood's Deck contained powerful cards such as "Dark Hole", "Raigeki", "Mirror Force", and "Torrential Tribute". His strategies included searching out his stong Insect-Type Monsters such as "Empress Mantis" and "Jirai Gumo", with cards like "Sangan" and "Witch of the Black Forest".