- In chapter 115 of the manga (chapter 56 for the English Duelist manga), Mai Kujaku activates this card against Yugi to destroy his face-down "Spellbinding Circle" that Yugi planned to use. In the next chapter, Mai activates another "Harpie's Feather Duster" to destroy Yugi's "Mirror Force". In the manga, the effect of this card was to destroy all face-down cards the opponents had on its field. Also, the fact that this card made "Harpie Lady" blow up the opponent's face-down cards with wings, and also this card's name, could imply "Harpie Lady" was a condition to activate this card, but this is not written on the text nor said anytime.
When the manga was adapted into the anime, the card's effect was changed to its OCG effect.
- In episode 25, Mai Valentine sets this card during her Duel against Téa Gardner, but she doesn't activate it. Mai was about to use this card when Téa's "Shining Friendship" attacks "Harpie Lady" (whose ATK was 1600 due to it being equipped with "Rose Whip", but she chose not to, which allowed Téa to use "Shining Friendship" to destroy "Harpie Lady". On Mai's next turn, she considers activating this card, but she chooses not to and surrenders the Duel, so Téa won by default.
- In episode 28, this card can be seen when Mai is shown organizing her Deck for her upcoming Duel against Yugi Muto.
- In episode 29, Mai uses two copies of this card during her Duel against Yami Yugi. She uses the first copy to destroy Yugi's set "Spellbinding Circle". Later, she activates a second copy to destroy Yugi's set "Mirror Force".[Notes 1]
- In episode 43, this card appears on the rack of cards that Yugi, Joey Wheeler, and Mokuba Kaiba pass by while they are going through a town.
- In episode 55, this card is shown as one of the many cards on the shop window that Yugi, Joey, and Tristan Taylor gaze in awe at.
- In episode 56, this card is shown on Seeker's laptop when he was researching the Battle City participants and trying to figure out who should he duel first. This card is shown to be Mai's rarest card.
- In episode 60, this card can be seen in Seto Kaiba's briefcase when he offers all the rare cards inside the briefcase to Koji Nagumo.
- In episode 66, this card appears in Kaiba's briefcase before he closes it.
- In episode 90, Mai uses this card during her Duel against Yami Marik. She activates this card to destroy Marik's "Jam Breeding Machine" and his set "Jam Defender".[Notes 2]
- In episode 102, this card can be seen when Téa Gardner was building her Virtual World Deck for her Duel against Crump.
- In episode 111, Joey uses this card during his Duel with Yami Yugi against the Big Five. He uses this card to destroy Crump's "A Legendary Ocean" and allow his "Cyber Harpie" to attack and destroy "The Legendary Fisherman".
- This card is also seen when Yami Yugi and Joey were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against the Big Five.
- In episode 151, Yugi and his friends get attacked by bikers, but Mai throws this card along with some others at the bikers, knocking them off of their bikes.
- In episode 173, Mai uses this card during her Duel against Joey. She uses this card to destroy Joey's "Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword", his set "Kunai with Chain", and his set "Magical Arm Shield".
- This card appears in the show's Japanese closing song Borderline Battle.
- In the non-canon duel YCS Providence 2012 Special: Mai, Joey and Yugi vs. Pegasus and Bakura, Mai uses this card against Pegasus. It destroys Pegasus' "Harpie Lady", which was equipped onto Pegasus' "Relinquished" by "Relinquished's" own effect.[Notes 1]
- In the non-canon duel World Championship 2013 Special: Mai vs. Yugi, Mai activates this to destroy Yugi's "Swords of Revealing Light", "Spellbinding Circle", and "Emergency Provisions". However, Yugi chains "Emergency Provisions" to send "Swords of Revealing Light" and "Spellbinding Circle" to the Graveyard before they are destroyed.[Notes 2]
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 When Mai uses this card during this duel, it equips "Harpie Lady" with two pairs of pale green wings which are flapped to destroy cards, possibly suggesting that "Harpie Lady" needs to be on the field for this card's activation, although it might just probably be a leftover from the manga version.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 When Mai uses this card during this duel, it creates a powerful wind when destroying cards while leaving some floating feathers in the air, regardless if a "Harpie Lady" is in play or not.