- In episode 2, Téa Gardner uses this card during her duel against Joey Wheeler. Joey's "Rock Ogre Grotto #1" attacks this card while it was face-down. Although this card got flipped face-up, it was not destroyed for some reason. Téa then activates "Breath of Light", which destroys "Rock Ogre Grotto 1" and wins Téa the Duel.
- In episode 13, this card is shown in Yami Yugi's hand during his Duel against Yami Bakura. He was forced to discard this card due to the Flip Effect of "Morphing Jar".
- In episode 40, Yami Bakura flips over this card in reverse position as the first of the cards involved in his tarot reading of Maximillion Pegasus. He states that this card normally represents the happiness of romance, but since it is upside down, it means that Pegasus' romance ended in tragedy.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters
- "Happy Lover" is one of Tea's monsters, making regular appearances for the entire series before sacrificing itself in the final battle.
- In episode 23, Belowski uses three copies of this card during his Duel against Jaden Yuki. He Special Summons the first copy via "Human-Wave Tactics". The first copy later attacks "Elemental Hero Sparkman". "Sparkman" then destroys this card, but the effect of "Mokey Mokey Smackdown" then activates, making the ATK of all "Mokey Mokey" 3000 for this turn. On Jaden's next End Phase, Belowski uses the effect of "Human-Wave Tactics" to Special Summon a second copy. Later the second copy attacks "Elemental Hero Wildheart". "Wildheart" then destroys the second copy, but this activates the effect of "Mokey Mokey Smackdown", making the ATK of all "Mokey Mokey" 3000 this turn. On Belowski's End Phase, he uses the effect of "Human-Wave Tactics" to Special Summon a third copy. The third copy remained on the field until the Duel was over.
- In episode 34, this is one of the Duel Monsters spirits in the underground world where Jaden dueled Kaibaman.
- In episode 35, this monster was shown in Chazz Princeton's room when he could no longer take having so many Duel Monster Spirits in his room. Ojama Yellow claims that Chazz said any monster is useful even if it has no ATK. Chazz yells at the spirits that the Duel made him learn that he can't use all the Spirits in a Duel.
- In episode 50, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Chumley Huffington has when he sees his friends cheering him on and remembers all of the previous Duels his friends were involved in. Chumley then notes that there was something that all of his friends had taught him this year.
- This card's attack name in the Japanese version was Happy Burning, while in the English version, it was Gushy Burst.
- In episode 48, this card was shown as a stone tablet in Torunka's backstory flashback when he explains on how the Duel spirits used to live peacefully until Zeman the Ape King and his army inflicted the Minus Curse on everybody and took control of the spirit world.
- This card is also seen on the wall as a stone tablet in Zeman's castle as one of the prisoners trapped in stone tablets.
- In episode 49, this card is seen on the wall as a stone tablet in Zeman's castle as one of the prisoners trapped in stone tablets.
- In episode 50, this card is seen on the wall as a stone tablet in Zeman's castle as one of the prisoners trapped in stone tablets.